Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 4 won't even install! error during installation? PLEASE HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - SIMS 4 won't even install! error during installation? PLEASE HELP Empty SIMS 4 won't even install! error during installation? PLEASE HELP

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 04:20

I tried installing base game but I get an error saying
installer information: 12002 http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/C/3/BC31082E-81B1-48D5-AA89-96DD2B853126/vcredist_x64.exe

if i press ok, the next error says:
warning 4154. visual c++ redistributable for visual studio 2013 x64 prerequisite was not correctly installed. continue installation of the sims4?

P.s. i've found other posts with similar problems but I couldn't understand what they explained as a solution. Also most of them say I should check in the folder electronic Arts - sims 4, but I don't have that folder yet (because I didn't install it)
Pls can someone explain what I should do because I am new to this. Thanks a lot

Back to top Go down

silent install - SIMS 4 won't even install! error during installation? PLEASE HELP Empty Re: SIMS 4 won't even install! error during installation? PLEASE HELP

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Apr 2018, 20:49

Emina wrote:I tried installing base game but I get an error saying
installer information: 12002 http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/C/3/BC31082E-81B1-48D5-AA89-96DD2B853126/vcredist_x64.exe

if i press ok, the next error says:
warning 4154. visual c++ redistributable for visual studio 2013 x64 prerequisite was not correctly installed. continue installation of the sims4?

P.s. i've found other posts with similar problems but I couldn't understand what they explained as a solution. Also most of them say I should check in the folder electronic Arts - sims 4, but I don't have that folder yet (because I didn't install it)
Pls can someone explain what I should do because I am new to this. Thanks a lot

Hello @Emina,

I assume you are getting this error, when trying to install the base game (of Games4theworld)? If so, I believe - though I am not 100% sure - that you can choose not to install these vc-runtimes, by unticking a box option. Also note that if you have a 32-bit Windows, installing the x64.exe, doesn't work.

Please see if you can bypass the installation of these vc runtimes. Smile  If you already downloaded and installed all available Windows updates on your computer, you shouldn't need the vc runtimes, included in the download, anyway.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

silent install - SIMS 4 won't even install! error during installation? PLEASE HELP Empty Re: SIMS 4 won't even install! error during installation? PLEASE HELP

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 21:44

Hi there! I have a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. I've tried installing it again but there was no option to untick the box. Should I just continue with the installation?
p.s. yes, it's the base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 22:09

Have you tried installing the VCRedist files prior to installing the Sims 4 ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 22:11

Not really, I don't even know what it is? Should I? I've just continued the installation, despite the errors, Sims 4 works but the graphics are bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 22:15

When the game runs, VCRedist is installed so no need to download etc.
Bad graphics could be your video-card (an old Intel maybe)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top