Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worlds dont work even after downloading update.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worlds dont work even after downloading update. Empty Worlds dont work even after downloading update.

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2018, 18:15

Everything is showing up in game except Magnolia Promenade, Windenburg, San Myshuno, Forgotten Hollow and Brindleton Bay. Faced the same problem as this player:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33037-worlds-won-t-load-or-show-after-new-update-fixed?highlight=Worlds+dont+work#

After reading the above post I downloaded the update but now only San Myshuno and Forgotten Hollow don't show, Brindleton Bay, Windenburd and Magnolia Promenade work fine. 
Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Worlds dont work even after downloading update. Empty Re: Worlds dont work even after downloading update.

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2018, 18:46

Which probably means that you have not installed City Living and Vampires.

Back to top Go down

Worlds dont work even after downloading update. Empty Re: Worlds dont work even after downloading update.

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2018, 18:55

I have, I have all the content but it just doesn't load the map to choose a lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2018, 19:01

winterdown wrote:I have, I have all the content but it just doesn't load the map to choose a lot
Look in your install folder of the Sims 4 for a folder Worlds in GP04 and EP03.
In EP03 World\Areas there should be 4 files, in GP04 World\Areas\ there is only 1

Are these present ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2018, 21:08

In GP04 there is 1 file and in EP03 there's 5 files

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Apr 2018, 21:17

winterdown wrote:(...)

After reading the above post I downloaded the update but now only San Myshuno and Forgotten Hollow don't show.

Welcome to the Forum @winterdown,

The error sounds similar to what is described here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30063-game-data-incomplete-possible-fix

Basically it doesn't matter whether the new(est) update was installed. It seems to be a glitch that is partly caused by newer Windows operating systems: when you move stuff around, on occasion "not everything" gets moved. It does not happen often, but when it does it is always difficult to deal with.

What you should do is that you leave your installation folder of The Sims 4. Then I'm afraid you have to re-copy and re-paste the G4TW DLC from City Living onwards, until the latest update. San Myshuno is included in the City Living DLC, whereas Forgotten Hollow is part of the Vampires Gamepack.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

I'm sorry there is no other solution for this problem (other than - I suppose - re-downloading the entire pack from a different source)...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Apr 2018, 19:37

It's no difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Apr 2018, 22:08

winterdown wrote:It's no difference.

What you could also try is the topic here, if you haven't already:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22402-suddenly-missing-dlc-packs-in-the-sims-4-possible-fix

Especially the part about editing the file/folder permissions. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top