Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The installer is telling me can't find game files in selected path

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The installer is telling me can't find game files in selected path Empty The installer is telling me can't find game files in selected path

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2018, 05:17

I don't know if I am in the right place, but i am trying to install the update patches and the installer is telling me can't find game files in selected path please help

Demon Edit: +++moved+++

- Respectfully, The Demon

Back to top Go down

The installer is telling me can't find game files in selected path Empty Re: The installer is telling me can't find game files in selected path

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2018, 19:41

you do not use the installer for these patches. You download the .rar files, extract the content and then copy paste to your sims 4 install folder in C drive. Copy /paste
when asked, you must let the files be replaced or overwritten. Hope this helps

Back to top Go down

The installer is telling me can't find game files in selected path Empty Re: The installer is telling me can't find game files in selected path

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2018, 21:09

If you're using my installers then that error message is self-explanatory. Double check you're selecting proper path.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2018, 06:13

I have done that like 5 time and still getting the same error

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2018, 10:37

Rightclick on your shortcut for the Sims 4 on your desktop.
Click on Open File Location.
You'll then end up in the folder Game of your install folder
Go up 1 folder higher and you have found the correct path for the Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2018, 18:48

It's best if you post a screenshot of the path you are selecting and another one of your game folder opened.

There is another option: you're missing game files. The patch shows that message when you don't have "Data\Client\ClientFullBuild0.package" which is included in base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2018, 01:33

I think I'm just going to uninstall and start all over again for like the 6th time. The first 5 times i didn't know about the patches if i have problems again I will post thanks everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2018, 11:28

bearnugget0610 wrote:I think I'm just going to uninstall and start all over again for like the 6th time. The first 5 times i didn't know about the patches if i have problems again I will post thanks everyone
Why not use the all-in-one download - see HERE

Contains all DLC's incl. update 1.42.30.1020 in 1 single folder.

No problems with installation, patches, no copy/paste. Just download, open the download with Explorer or mount in Daemon or Poweriso and play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2018, 20:57

I will have to try this I just need a bigger SD card I download with my phone and transfer to my computer

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2018, 23:34

bearnugget0610 wrote:I will have to try this I just need a bigger SD card I download with my phone and transfer to my computer

Sent from Topic'it App
It's a really bad idea to transfer to your computer. First takes a lot of time and  it's complicated a lot. Just download .torrent file, open it, wait for it to download, extract it, copy it and there you go. As I said before it's a bad idea, as it takes about 2 hours and this can take you up to about 30 minutes to get everything set up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 May 2018, 23:20

bearnugget0610 wrote:I will have to try this I just need a bigger SD card I download with my phone and transfer to my computer

Sent from Topic'it App

Don't know if you still need help with the issue, but if you cannot download directly from the computer...maybe you know someone else (family member, friend, neighbor, etc.) who could help you out there. I guess it's doable, downloading from the phone and then putting it on a computer. But in general I'd agree with @MilosGamerSRB's statement.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2018, 03:24

I have no other options and I don't mind taking the time to do it it is worth it I had the game before the new expansions and what not and it was working fine it wasn't until I installed the expansions and updates when it messed up on me

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2018, 07:54

If you're downloading with your data you could consider tethering. Android devices have USB tethering, don't know about others. Much more comfortable than downloading on the phone. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 May 2018, 03:29

The phone company I have in the plan that I have with them won't let me hotspot nor tether which really sucks but I do have unlimited data on my phone which is good

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top