Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 (EP3) - Open for Business patch 1 not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 (EP3) - Open for Business patch 1 not working Empty The Sims 2 (EP3) - Open for Business patch 1 not working

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 23:53

I'm trying to install the game, but when I got to install the EP3 patches, I get an error claiming I have to uninstall and install again, already tried doing it and got the same error.

How do I fix it?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 (EP3) - Open for Business patch 1 not working Empty Re: The Sims 2 (EP3) - Open for Business patch 1 not working

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 02:19

I am also having this problem. My game still boots up fine, but when I go to use various items related to EP3 they show a texture like the image attached. I have uninstalled and reinstalled EP3 as well. Any info on how to fix is appreciated!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 (EP3) - Open for Business patch 1 not working Empty Re: The Sims 2 (EP3) - Open for Business patch 1 not working

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Sep 2019, 18:12

Necropolis wrote:I am also having this problem. My game still boots up fine, but when I go to use various items related to EP3 they show a texture like the image attached. I have uninstalled and reinstalled EP3 as well. Any info on how to fix is appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @Necropolis,

If you still have the original .rar download-file as seeding in your torrent client, try this. Look for an option that says something like "Force (Re-) Check". If you found the option and then use it, the torrent will display a percentage-bar, and it will show "checking [insert percentage number here]". When the process is done, the torrent will display the status "seeding", once more.

When that happens, you will try extracting just the portion relating to EP3, from the .rar archive file. And then test the patch again.

Another thought: have you tried installing the DLCs that follow after the EP3? And at the very end, did you then try re-install and re-patch the EP3?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top