Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4: patch version 1.45.62.1020 OUT NOW!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4: patch version 1.45.62.1020 OUT NOW!!! - Page 2 Empty The Sims 4: patch version 1.45.62.1020 OUT NOW!!!

Post by Admin Fri 03 Aug 2018, 21:05

First topic message reminder :

Dear users,

We are happy to bring you the next update on The Sims 4: patch version 1.45.62.1020. This torrent already includes the stuff from the previous 1.44.83.1020 and 1.44.88.1020 patches. Therefore, you can apply this download directly on top of "The Sims 4: Seasons". As usual, this G4TW repack already includes all 17 language versions.

Many special thanks to @Sim Architect for compiling the update, and @anadius1 for general advice and helping compile the language strings!

Arrow  Magnet

And those among you who have downloaded a torrent from a different source, can grab the language string pack for the version 1.45.62.1020 here, in order to add all 17 languages to your game.

Arrow  Language strings  (use 7-zip please, to unpack this file; you can download the program for free HERE).

Good luck, and have fun!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: patch version 1.45.62.1020 OUT NOW!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4: patch version 1.45.62.1020 OUT NOW!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Aug 2018, 16:13

Loonieloose wrote:I move my tray, saves and my mods from the Documents: Electronic Arts/The sims 4 folder to my desktop BEFORE installing.This is sound advise from The sims Architect which I follow religiously (...)

If people nonetheless start up the game with the old mods being present in the Documents-folder, they can still exit the game "in time". In my experience merely starting up the game with old mods alone does not yet ruin anything.

I believe the average Sims-player however will just load into a savefile and (worse yet), even save the game. I can imagine that is more likely to cause damage down the road.

What I want to say is, I don't think it matters whether you move the mods out "before" or "after" you copy/paste the update files. Yes, it is good advice, but more important in my opinion is to understand that you should NOT load into a savefile or even save an ongoing game, with old mods.

//EDIT

In the era of The Sims 3 it was important to move out/rename the mods (or even the whole Documents-folder), because these installers "detected" the existing mods/savefiles/etc. and had the tendency to bork them up, if you didn't move them out beforehand.

But again, the "installers" of The Sims 4 do not do that. It's just copy/paste, and this process in itself does not damage existing mods/savefiles/etc. To the best of my experience.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: patch version 1.45.62.1020 OUT NOW!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4: patch version 1.45.62.1020 OUT NOW!!!

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2018, 18:39

Hm... So I've been downloading your torrents for years. But this time, when you change your download link ; I download the torrent & get an infringement email from my Internet provider stating that I've downloaded something illegally and now my service is up for termination. Anyone else having this issue? This is beyond bs. I've never had issues downloading from you guys, but all of a sudden my choice of internet is in danger.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Aug 2018, 19:00

Mischiefconvoy wrote:Hm... So I've been downloading your torrents for years. But this time, when you change your download link ; (...)

Sorry to hear about your issues,

We did not "change the link(s)", at least not in the way you seem to think we have done. Even if we had not used these ad-fly links, you would have encountered the same issue.

Times are changing for everyone. One way you could mask your torrenting activities is through a suitable VPN service, see for example the discussion here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32958p25-best-vpn-services#191914

Or, use the direct download links. By that we mean a "non-torrent download", which cannot be monitored (as easily) as torrenting activities. Mostly we use GoogleDrive or MediaFire for that.

I know you think we are "responsible" for the looming demise that may or may not befall you, but...ultimately it is solely within your responsibility to properly inform yourself and take the appropriate (counter-) measures, beforehand. As for us, we will be trying to communicate it more clearly from now on that the direct download links are intended for people who cannot use torrents.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2018, 12:48

I downloaded this update. But there are no seasons?
Should I also download the season packs? and if I did this update on it after I downloaded it, would that be a problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 08 Aug 2018, 13:27

Please let's be thankful that ads and link shorteners exist, because we'll likely need a source of funds to help us fund some sort of hosting solution in the future. Right now we can barely cover the existing costs, but perhaps in the future we'll be able to hire some sort of paid file hosting service that will allow direct downloading to some of you that are having trouble and perhaps might not be able to use a VPN for any reason!!

If you can afford it and you live somewhere your Internet Service Provider is actually giving a dam about how you are using your service, please do, it's an absurd violation of your privacy and who know what else they are capturing from your on line behavior??"

Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos
Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4

The Sims 4: patch version 1.45.62.1020 OUT NOW!!! - Page 2 Giphy
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2018, 13:58

thanks for sharing... but what does it have to do with the subject? The topic is about the update. am I wrong?
still thanks forever. If there are other things we can do for you, please forward it with a private message.

now we can go back to the real subject. Smile

HarryPotterTR wrote:I downloaded this update. But there are no seasons?
Should I also download the season packs? and if I did this update on it after I downloaded it, would that be a problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 08 Aug 2018, 14:05

HarryPotterTR wrote:thanks for sharing... but what does it have to do with the subject? The topic is about the update. am I wrong?
still thanks forever. If there are other things we can do for you, please forward it with a private message.

now we can go back to the real subject. Smile

HarryPotterTR wrote:I downloaded this update. But there are no seasons?
Your message wasn't showing when I wrote mine, sorry. I was replying to the conversation above your messages. This version does not contain Seasons, it is supposed to be installed after seasons and all the other packs are installed.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2018, 14:09

Oh, thanks for your answer. I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Aug 2018, 19:25

Sim Architect wrote:but perhaps in the future we'll be able to hire some sort of paid file hosting service that will allow direct downloading to some of you that are having trouble and perhaps might not be able to use a VPN for any reason!!

Not sure if this can be a good idea; as soon as you post these links in public they are open to being reported by a certain segment of eager users. Even if it's a private host, there is a good chance they won't take kindly to pirated items being hosted there. A possibility could be to use a hosting service in a country that does not like the West, therefore reducing the chances of caring about "copyright infringement". But that is going to be easier said than done of course, in real-life.

The situation right now is that we are using free MediaFire/GoogleDrive-accounts, mostly. We have "mirrored" downloads on multiple backup-accounts so in the event an item really gets taken down, we can easily restore a functioning new download link in a matter of seconds and without having to re-upload the original item (!), by simply taking one of the backup accounts.

This system is awkward to use, yes, but in my opinion worth it. I know the argument that "using a private filehosting service" can be the trick here, but finding such a suitable service is going to be very tricky.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top