Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Windows 10 CAS crashing. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Windows 10 CAS crashing. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Windows 10 CAS crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2018, 13:07

Hello, so I installed The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection origin version on my Windows 10 and I can't seem to get past create a sim without crashing. I know there's another thread like this but the fixes don't seem to work. I tried making a new videocards.sgr, replacing the graphicrules.sgr, changing the compatibility, using the graphicsrules maker program, and it just doesn't work. Also downloaded the noCD version and still nothing. I have mods downloaded too and removed those as well before opening the game but CAS still crashes. I don't know what to do now, I will really appreciate the help  Crying or Very sad

edit: live mode crashes on loading screen too and my game always seems to start in 800x600 resolution even if I changed it in graphic rules maker and ingame settings.

edit 2: nevermind, I posted too soon lol. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it worked just fine now. Silly me must have goofed up when I was installing the game Razz

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 19:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional info and solved)

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Windows 10 CAS crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Windows 10 CAS crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Aug 2018, 19:51

tamagoyaki wrote:edit 2: nevermind, I posted too soon lol. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it worked just fine now. Silly me must have goofed up when I was installing the game Razz

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Do you mean the part of where you need to insert these "parameters", into the Touchup.exe-shortcut? Smile  If so, yes, that part is very crucial, though I would have said that if a mistake was made there, you probably wouldn't have been able to start the game in the first place.

It can be of use to add "DEP exclusions"; see for example the guide here under step #3 (note that this was written for The Sims4, but you can apply the same on almost any application/game):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes#

Also remember that whenever you change anything with the GraphicsRulesMaker, you need to go to the leftmost tab, and in the bottom right corner click on "save files", which will save your (new) settings.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Windows 10 CAS crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Windows 10 CAS crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 11 Aug 2018, 13:51

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
tamagoyaki wrote:edit 2: nevermind, I posted too soon lol. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it worked just fine now. Silly me must have goofed up when I was installing the game Razz

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Do you mean the part of where you need to insert these "parameters", into the Touchup.exe-shortcut? Smile  If so, yes, that part is very crucial, though I would have said that if a mistake was made there, you probably wouldn't have been able to start the game in the first place.

It can be of use to add "DEP exclusions"; see for example the guide here under step #3 (note that this was written for The Sims4, but you can apply the same on almost any application/game):
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes#

Also remember that whenever you change anything with the GraphicsRulesMaker, you need to go to the leftmost tab, and in the bottom right corner click on "save files", which will save your (new) settings.

The game did work when I placed my installation folder in the Program Files instead of D: drive. But it still crashed from time to time so I used the 4gb patch to solve it, also worked for a little while then crashed at random points until whenever I open the game, my pc went BSOD. I suspect it was because of Windows 10 since I've had these frequent BSOD and memory problems before. I decided to switch to Windows 7 and reinstalling the game and just hope for the best. I will try the DEP exclusions, thank you for that! Smile

As for the graphicsrulesmaker, I did just that although I didn't notice the resolution guide that was included in the installer so it's alright now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Aug 2018, 19:13

tamagoyaki wrote:The game did work when I placed my installation folder in the Program Files instead of D: drive. But it still crashed from time to time so I used the 4gb patch to solve it, also worked for a little while then crashed at random points until whenever I open the game, my pc went BSOD. I suspect it was because of Windows 10 since I've had these frequent BSOD and memory problems before. I decided to switch to Windows 7 and reinstalling the game and just hope for the best. I will try the DEP exclusions, thank you for that! Smile

As for the graphicsrulesmaker, I did just that although I didn't notice the resolution guide that was included in the installer so it's alright now.

Alright, have fun with the game and feel free to get in touch with us again, anytime! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top