Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Won't open at all after trying to update to 1.46.18.1020.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Won't open at all after trying to update to 1.46.18.1020. - Page 2 Empty Sims 4 Won't open at all after trying to update to 1.46.18.1020.

Post by Guest Sun 26 Aug 2018, 06:19

First topic message reminder :

I missed the July 31st update becuase I was having trouble with downloading the file, it wasn't downloading after adfly. So now for the August 16th "Caribbean" update I just applied that on top of whatever I had. I did use G4TW and it was an ISO file, I opened it with unarchiver and copy and pasted any files as I usually do. I also installed new updated mods. 

Now however when I try to run my game I see "The Sims 4" pop up in the left hand corner of my screen but then it just quits with no window from the actual game or the wrapper disappears from my dock.

I am not sure what to do is anyone else having this problem? Please let me know or help!

Last edited by animeker on Sun 26 Aug 2018, 07:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I made some typos lol)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Won't open at all after trying to update to 1.46.18.1020. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sims 4 Won't open at all after trying to update to 1.46.18.1020.

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2018, 18:06

anadius1 wrote:Why would you select "The Sims 4\Game" directory, when validator clearly asks for "The Sims 4"?
I've tried both the sims 4 and the game folder and got the same result in the console. When I put in the "Game" folder I get a game version error. I thought you were talking about that. When you say enter the Game version manually, I'm not sure what you mean. What/ where should I enter in the Game version?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Won't open at all after trying to update to 1.46.18.1020. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sims 4 Won't open at all after trying to update to 1.46.18.1020.

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2018, 22:12

Sounds like your browser didn't load new changes I made. Open validator page, force refresh (should be CMD+R or CMD+F5, not sure), open console, and select "The Sims 4" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2018, 23:37

anadius1 wrote:Sounds like your browser didn't load new changes I made. Open validator page, force refresh (should be CMD+R or CMD+F5, not sure), open console, and select "The Sims 4" folder.
The Validator is moving now! I'm not sure how to select "The Sims 4" in the web browser console though
https://imgur.com/a/Vsf8C5v

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2018, 23:59

See that thing in console? It's content of "The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini". This should be a text file but it looks like it's corrupted. So my guess is unarchiver messed up when extracting. Could you try with another program? Try Keka. You can wait for validator to finish and then extract Update and Game folder again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2018, 01:26

anadius1 wrote:See that thing in console? It's content of "The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini". This should be a text file but it looks like it's corrupted. So my guess is unarchiver messed up when extracting. Could you try with another program? Try Keka. You can wait for validator to finish and then extract Update and Game folder again.
Here is my result from the validator:

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2018, 01:39

Alright. As I said in previous reply, unarchiver messed up. So extract Update and Game folder with different program.

I'll send you those two missing files in PW.

Delete "gp01/clientdeltabuild0.package", "gp01/simulationdeltabuild0.package" and "game/bin/origins.ini". The rest of "unknown files" are ".ds_store" which can be ignored and some shaders but I guess you put them there yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 23:40

anadius wrote:Alright. As I said in previous reply, unarchiver messed up. So extract Update and Game folder with different program.

I'll send you those two missing files in PW.

Delete "gp01/clientdeltabuild0.package", "gp01/simulationdeltabuild0.package" and "game/bin/origins.ini". The rest of "unknown files" are ".ds_store" which can be ignored and some shaders but I guess you put them there yourself.

Alright so after some fiddling, I have finally been able to play my game for about an hour quite solidly. There was some weird things here and there but I fixed them, by just reading over what you said like deleting the gp01 ang client files.Sorry for the late reply, I've just started school again and I haven't had the time to play or fix my game. But everything is quite smooth as of right now.

Thank you again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top