Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 craashes and graphicsrulesmaker.exe doesn't work properly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 craashes and graphicsrulesmaker.exe doesn't work properly Empty Sims 2 craashes and graphicsrulesmaker.exe doesn't work properly

Post by Guest Mon 27 Aug 2018, 16:41

As the title says, I've been trying to run the sims 2 in my new computer but they crash after a while. I've also tried to fix the graphics rules file both manually and using the graphicsrulesmaker.exe but neither works. Manually I've achieved nothing and the .exe only managed to change the resolution but only up to 1660xI don't remember, when my pc is 1920x1080. I think that I need to use the .exe on Mansion and Garden Stuff but it says that it can't find the game application and instead applies the rules to Apartment Life. I think that that's where the problem lies but I have no idea how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 craashes and graphicsrulesmaker.exe doesn't work properly Empty Re: Sims 2 craashes and graphicsrulesmaker.exe doesn't work properly

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Aug 2018, 18:08

Let's start slowly:

1) Make sure first that you configure your anti-virus and Windows Defender exclusions properly. If you have Windows 10, see THIS HERE. As for your other antivirus, please try doing the necessary research yourself (Google).

2) Because your Mansion and Garden .exe was most likely deleted, you need to download a new one. If you still have the .rar file of the download, there should be a folder in there named #Crack, in which you can find a fresh Sims2EP9.exe. Note that you must have the antivirus exclusions set up properly, or it will be deleted again.

3) In the graphicsrulesmaker, and in the first tab, there is a button in the lower right corner that says "save files" or something similar. In case you didn't click on it, you need to, in order to save the settings that you put into the program.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 craashes and graphicsrulesmaker.exe doesn't work properly Empty Re: Sims 2 craashes and graphicsrulesmaker.exe doesn't work properly

Post by Guest Mon 27 Aug 2018, 22:57

Yeah, that was dumb of me to not realize that the .exe would be missing, sorry. I downloaded a new one from gamecopyworld and applied the graphics rules maker on M&G but the graphics are still not fixed. Now what do I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Aug 2018, 18:59

Lisnya wrote:Yeah, that was dumb of me to not realize that the .exe would be missing, sorry. I downloaded a new one from gamecopyworld and applied the graphics rules maker on M&G but the graphics are still not fixed. Now what do I do?

Can you walk me through what buttons exactly you clicked on, in the graphics rules maker? Did you use WinRAR for unpacking the entire download as well?

By the way, there is also a .pdf document in that Origin Ultimate Collection; note that when you edit these files you have to SAVE them after the edit. If it doesn't allow you to save the files in the original location, then please save them on the desktop. From there you can copy them back to the game-install folder. The location should be...

C:\Program Files\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config

Place the (modified) GraphicsRules.sgr and Video Cards.sgr, in that location.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Aug 2018, 19:09

Here's an image of the settings I use:

Sims 2 craashes and graphicsrulesmaker.exe doesn't work properly GRM

Then I hit save files, I open the game and it's not fixed. The terrain and the water are still not fixed and the resolution only goes up to 1660xwhatever, as before.

I don't have the Ultimate Collection, so the last part of your post wouldn't apply. I had similar specs and the same version of the Sims 2 in my laptop, I'm not sure as to why they refuse to work now. =/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Aug 2018, 19:17

Lisnya wrote:Here's an image of the settings I use:

Sims 2 craashes and graphicsrulesmaker.exe doesn't work properly GRM

Then I hit save files, I open the game and it's not fixed. The terrain and the water are still not fixed and the resolution only goes up to 1660xwhatever, as before.

I don't have the Ultimate Collection, so the last part of your post wouldn't apply. (...)

If you look closely, the subfolders inside "normal" (= non-Ultimate Collection editions) Sims 2 games are very similar. In your case, copy the modified text files to:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config

then. In the tab Device Info, what does it show there for you? If you use the tool for the first time, click on "add device", so that it says "graphics card in database". After that you should go back to the first tab ("Settings"), and click again on Save files.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Aug 2018, 19:24

Yeah, I forgot to mention that, I did get the prompt to add my graphics card, I hit yes.

But doesn't the graphicsrulesmaker already modify the files in that address? Where am I supposed to copy them from? I hit save and it saves like it's supposed to, it just doesn't modify much, if that makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Aug 2018, 19:33

Lisnya wrote:But doesn't the graphicsrulesmaker already modify the files in that address? Where am I supposed to copy them from? I hit save and it saves like it's supposed to, it just doesn't modify much, if that makes sense.

I was talking about the alternative option with you modifying these files manually. Since you did not download the Ultimate Collection apparently:
https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

^there is the guide I was talking about, in online form. In our newest "Ultimate Collection" we put this guide as a .pdf in our torrent, but yes, that does not seem relevant for you.

If you then try saving these saves after editing you could end up with an error that they "cannot be saved, do you wish to save on the desktop instead?". And from there you would need to take these files from the desktop and copy them back to the game installation.

Feel free to check out the above online guide, but other than that, I may or may not help you through TeamViewer. But not today. Good luck for now.

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Aug 2018, 19:45

I did try to do it manually before I found the graphics rules maker, that didn't work, either. Tbh, I probably need to redownload the sims 2. I had a lot of trouble in my previous laptop, too. Then, I ended up finding already modified files in a forum but I can no longer find those files. I was hoping that this .exe would work instead, but I guess I need to download the Ultimate Collection and try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Aug 2018, 15:59

Lisnya wrote:I did try to do it manually before I found the graphics rules maker, that didn't work, either. Tbh, I probably need to redownload the sims 2. I had a lot of trouble in my previous laptop, too. Then, I ended up finding already modified files in a forum but I can no longer find those files. I was hoping that this .exe would work instead, but I guess I need to download the Ultimate Collection and try again.

Make sure to use a different torrent client than the one you used initially. Although, there is also a direct download option here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33221-the-sims-2-origin-ultimate-collection-out-now

Good luck! I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top