Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 Family Fun: Please Insert Disk 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 Family Fun: Please Insert Disk 1 Empty Sims 2 Family Fun: Please Insert Disk 1

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2018, 23:14

I have done all the things I could think of to try and fix the insert disk error and I've about given up. I've moved the file folder into a new file and into a new location, I've checked out how I've downloaded it, I've done all that I can think of except mount the expansion (which I'm not sure which file I would need to mount). Is it possible to not download this expansion and still be able to play the game in the end? 

The issue * may * come from the fact that I've had this game already downloaded onto my computer and running a year ago. My hard drive then crashed and I was able to save most of my files but not my actual applications so I've been re-installing things. Is this what is messing this up and is there a solution to this other than deleting all the files and applications and starting fresh?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Family Fun: Please Insert Disk 1 Empty Re: Sims 2 Family Fun: Please Insert Disk 1

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Oct 2018, 01:20

Welcome to the Forum and sorry for the slightly belated reply,

You can "skip" this DLC, and continue with the subsequent DLC mentioned in the install order of the included guide. Several users have reported that doing so, and then getting back to skipped DLCs at the end (!), also does the trick.

So install the rest up until Mansion and Garden Stuff. After that, try installing again the Family Fun Stuff.

Good luck, and feel free to post back about your results! alien  P.S. I don't think the issue is related to you having remnants of an old installation. Nonetheless to be sure, check out for example this here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Uninstall
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top