Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Download/Gallery pets.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Download/Gallery pets. Empty Download/Gallery pets.

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2018, 03:23

So I came back to ask whether the problem with downloading pets was solved or not. This year there were a problem with downloaded pets that couldn't be merged into a household for unknown reasons. It was a general error, many of us players had that problem and I used other downloads as well and couldn't use my downloaded pets.
It doesn't happen when you created them by scratch or you adopt them, but the problem is when you try to merge the pets household with another one, it acts as if they merged but no pets are showed at all.
If you had a downloaded household consisting of sim+pet, when merging you could only see the Sim, but no downloaded pet at sight.

So any update about this problem, idk with Seasons or new updates? (I haven't updated my game and I'm not whishing to do it for now unless the gallery problem is solved, of course Razz)!

Back to top Go down

Download/Gallery pets. Empty Re: Download/Gallery pets.

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2018, 03:26

with "I used other downloads as well" I meant I downloaded Sims 4 from different sources, without success on using my gallery pets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2018, 09:01

Just tested it. Downloaded this pet and merged with new household without a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Oct 2018, 18:45

Alany_Mogad wrote:So I came back to ask whether the problem with downloading pets was solved or not. This year there were a problem with downloaded pets that couldn't be merged into a household for unknown reasons. It was a general error, many of us players had that problem and I used other downloads as well and couldn't use my downloaded pets.
It doesn't happen when you created them by scratch or you adopt them, but the problem is when you try to merge the pets household with another one, it acts as if they merged but no pets are showed at all.
If you had a downloaded household consisting of sim+pet, when merging you could only see the Sim, but no downloaded pet at sight.

So any update about this problem, idk with Seasons or new updates? (I haven't updated my game and I'm not whishing to do it for now unless the gallery problem is solved, of course Razz)!

I hereby postulate that this 'glitch' was caused by incompatible mods and/or other hiccups with the game installation files in the first place.

(Disclaimer: while admittedly I am not 100% sure about this, I am postulating it still because it sounds cool if there was a problem with Gallery items, nothing could be used at all - so it would affect literally all sims...and not just pets).

Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2018, 07:15

What about gallery pets? I just saved Anders + SerPounce-ALot directly form Gallery but I couldn't load the pet in G4TW's cracked version.

I may try to update my game since I want them so bad, but as of my currently version, I and other users can't use pets from Gallery. I don't think we all have the very same mods? Plus I already trying kicking my mods folder out of Documents for the sake of Gallery pets without success.

Well, Imma try updating for now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2018, 10:15

Don't have original base game so can't test it. But it should work the same.

If that still doesn't work after update, move Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder to desktop and try again.

If that doesn't help, run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Oct 2018, 21:45

Alany_Mogad wrote:I may try to update my game since I want them so bad, but as of my currently version, I and other users can't use pets from Gallery. 

Don't bother, I guess I was wrong (though I'm positive that this must have been a very recent 'change', that these pets from the Gallery can't be used anymore). My own validator report btw:

report:

Also, I have the suspicion this is not a 'glitch', but rather something that is being introduced deliberately. I'm also afraid it might have implications for Gallery items in general, in that at some point they may become un-usable in DRM-bypassed versions of the game.

//EDIT

I'm not saying or implying this is definitely going to happen, but we need to take into account that the "only" difference between the item that anadius linked before and the Gallery items is their mode of distribution. If I create a pet through the game and share the Tray-files here directly, they should (?) be usable; if I find the time I will do more testing. But if I upload the pet item to the official Gallery, someone downloads it, and then tries using it in a CODEX/G4TW game, it doesn't show up.

It's like the Gallery adds something into these files, that makes them unusable in CODEX/G4TW games. Again, I hope this is not the case, but this smells like "something's up", which could have future implications for these Gallery items.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2018, 11:53

I'll leave my validator:

Validator:

I think I have a proble with Expansion Pack 05?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2018, 12:21

Delete "EP05" folder and rename "EP05_" folder to "EP05". And delete those files:
game/bin/core/winhttp.dll
game/bin/d3d9.dll

But as The_gh0stm4n says, this may still not work.

Try this: download some pets from gallery. Export them with Tray importer, in Documents\Electronic Arts rename The Sims 4 to The Sims 4_, start the cracked game, close it, import tray files you just exported and start the game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Oct 2018, 16:39

Alany_Mogad wrote:I'll leave my validator:

Validator:

I think I have a proble with Expansion Pack 05?

anadius wrote:Delete "EP05" folder and rename "EP05_" folder to "EP05". And delete those files:
game/bin/core/winhttp.dll
game/bin/d3d9.dll

But as The_gh0stm4n says, this may still not work.

Try this: download some pets from gallery. Export them with Tray importer, in Documents\Electronic Arts rename The Sims 4 to The Sims 4_, start the cracked game, close it, import tray files you just exported and start the game again.

Sorry, I did not communicate it properly in my previous reply, so I will add it here. If you look at my validator report, nothing is wrong there. These few files are "errors" that everybody gets, and we will make sure to remedy that in future DLC releases.

However, what this means is that if it doesn't work for me (I mean the thing with using Gallery pets), then it's not going to work for anybody else either. @Alany_Mogad, you can or should still fix your issues as shown in the validator report, for general playability of the game. But it most likely won't fix the original issue at hand.

Also tried editing the try files in the Tray Importer; I just removed the descriptions and hash-tags, didn't help either.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Will try and do a few more things later on, but I'm not hopeful.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 03:30

Oh no, the Tray Importer doesn't work :'(
I've already checked my game again and there are no missing files!! Thank you!
Hopefully one day we'll be able to get pets from gallery

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Oct 2018, 18:53

Alany_Mogad wrote:Oh no, the Tray Importer doesn't work :'(

What exactly is not working in your Tray Importer? Just (re-) installed the small program, fired it up, and it was effortlessly able to scan the contents under My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray folder. 

I'll also keep posting these Gallery-updates...I guess for as long as they are usable in CODEX/G4TW-versions of The Sims 4. Including Pets. I was thinking about the remote possibility, about what happens if you have a legit base game PLUS the "Pets" expansion, and download Gallery items from that setup? (I only have a legit basegame without any DLC).

It's a long shot, and I'm not going to buy a Pets-expansion just for testing this theory. We'll see what happens.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 16:13

Sorry for the necro-post, but since someone asked about testing with a legit Pets DLC copy I figured this should go here also.

I can confirm, owning a legit Cats and Dogs DLC copy allows pets to be downloadable from the Gallery and used in the cracked copy.  I was having this same problem and ended up grabbing the legit while it was on sale.  Worked fine after.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mynxie Tue 27 Nov 2018, 17:24

Alany_Mogad wrote:What about gallery pets? I just saved Anders + SerPounce-ALot directly form Gallery but I couldn't load the pet in G4TW's cracked version.

I may try to update my game since I want them so bad, but as of my currently version, I and other users can't use pets from Gallery. I don't think we all have the very same mods? Plus I already trying kicking my mods folder out of Documents for the sake of Gallery pets without success.

Well, Imma try updating for now

OMG! I love the Dragon Age reference! Be sure to back up everything before updating. You might have to test the game without mods.
Mynxie
Mynxie
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, fallout, GTA, Dragon Age, Civilization, World of Warcraft, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Resident Evil, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty, Mafia, Saints Row, and many more...

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Nov 2018, 20:21

Phoenixia wrote:Sorry for the necro-post, but since someone asked about testing with a legit Pets DLC copy I figured this should go here also.

I can confirm, owning a legit Cats and Dogs DLC copy allows pets to be downloadable from the Gallery and used in the cracked copy.  I was having this same problem and ended up grabbing the legit while it was on sale.  Worked fine after.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions!  Haters gonna hate Carlos is tha man  Now we just have to think whether it's worth buying a Pets-DLC, just so that people are able to use pets from the Gallery...

//EDIT

Even if I decided to buy this DLC, I'd need to re-download the already-existing items (or at least those items containing pets/household + pets), in order to have the data for said pets...a prospect I am not particularly looking forward to.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 19:06

If you mean because you've downloaded the gallery pets and had them disappear from your game but want to use them after getting the dlc so redownload them?  You actually won't need to redownload them to have them show up again.  That was one of the perks I noticed yesterday as well, all the households I had pets in that previously hadn't shown up automatically popped up for me.  No downloading again from the Gallery required.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Nov 2018, 20:04

Phoenixia wrote:If you mean because you've downloaded the gallery pets and had them disappear from your game but want to use them after getting the dlc so redownload them?  You actually won't need to redownload them to have them show up again.  That was one of the perks I noticed yesterday as well, all the households I had pets in that previously hadn't shown up automatically popped up for me.  No downloading again from the Gallery required.

Suppose I have a bunch of Gallery items (pets / household + pets) that have been downloaded BEFORE buying a Pets DLC on Origin. Suppose further that I now go forward with buying the DLC. Would this in any way influence my existing tray-items?

Yes, if you use them in the Origin game the pets will show up, no doubt. But I don't think anything would change if I put the old Gallery items (again: those that were downloaded before buying the Pets-DLC) into CODEX/G4TW-versions of the game.

Maybe I misunderstood the message you're trying to convey; if so feel free to elaborate. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018, 18:58

Apologies, I had it wrong before.  I had two households with pets that I had used in the cracked version that had popped in there after I had gotten the DLC, but I think I may have opened them/redled them from the gallery in origin to test once I had the DLC so that probably made them pop in the cracked game for me.  

I originally assumed it popped in on it's own without needing to redownload anything, but I went ahead and tested by uninstalling the legit and then grabbing the household with the legit base game sans dlc.  By the end of testing I did end up needing to redownload the existing tray households after installing the dlc in order to get the pets to show correctly in the cracked.  Guess I was excited to have them show that I forgot about opening them first in origin.  XD  Sorry for the confusion.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top