Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Complete Collection, University.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection, University. Empty The Sims 2 Complete Collection, University.

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2018, 17:04

Hello! I downloaded the TheSims2 complete collection, and already installed the DoubleDeluxe edition, and after I wanted to install the University, as you wrote in the guide. But I got the message after the instalaltion reaches 100%, that Please wait in one window, and on another "this product will now ensure that your existing installation is up to date". I waited a while, I clicked ok, I closed it, all ways the installation cancelled, and went back to 0%, and deleted the files.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection, University. Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collection, University.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Oct 2018, 18:30

anzsi1998 wrote:Hello! I downloaded the TheSims2 complete collection, and already installed the DoubleDeluxe edition, and after I wanted to install the University, as you wrote in the guide. But I got the message after the instalaltion reaches 100%, that Please wait in one window, and on another "this product will now ensure that your existing installation is up to date". I waited a while, I clicked ok, I closed it, all ways the installation cancelled, and went back to 0%, and deleted the files.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

A couple of friendly users pointed out the following alternative route, in case of "hiccups" with these installers. LEAVE the non-working DLC for the time being, and continue with the next one(s) mentioned in the list of the recommended install order. If you get back to these non-working DLC later on, there is a good chance they will work.

So for example, the last DLC is Mansion and Garden Stuff. After installing that one, go back to University and/or any other DLC that didn't work before, and try again.

Good luck for the moment and if you like, keep us posted!  

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection, University. Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collection, University.

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2018, 22:36

And what happens, if the last one pops up this message? BEcause i could return to the university, before the mansion and gardens, i could install it, but now, the garden does the same. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Oct 2018, 16:07

anzsi1998 wrote:And what happens, if the last one pops up this message? BEcause i could return to the university, before the mansion and gardens, i could install it, but now, the garden does the same. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Do you still have the torrent running as seeding in your torrent client? If so, look for an option that says "force re-check". In some clients, you have to STOP the torrent first, before this option becomes available.

If you don't have the torrent as seeding anymore, put the original .rar file to where your (torrent) downloads are saved, if it's not there anymore. Double-click again on the .torrent or reload the magnet link. Confirm the next window(s), if everything was done correctly you'll see the torrent as "checking". And when it's done, it is seeding. From there, do another "force re-check".

After doing so, try re-extracting only the Mansion and Garden-portion, from the original .rar file.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top