Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloaded Get Famous and now game crashes when the logo shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded Get Famous and now game crashes when the logo shows Empty Downloaded Get Famous and now game crashes when the logo shows

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 18:30

Hey there you guys! I've always lurked and finally made an account. Thank you guys SO much for allowing us the games..

Anyhow, I've never had any issues with ANY of your updates before this one. I followed the instructions, deleted my Game folder and removed the Mod folder onto my desktop as well. Now when I try to load the game, as SOON as the game loads and the logo is about to show - bam. Crash. Back to my desktop again...

Please help! I have a Windows 10
HP ENVY m7 N otebook
Processor: Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2/50 GHz 2.60 GHz

Ram: 16 GB

what other specs would you need? again, no issues until get famous Sad

Back to top Go down

Downloaded Get Famous and now game crashes when the logo shows Empty Re: Downloaded Get Famous and now game crashes when the logo shows

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 18:50

Having exactly the same error here, sadly.

Back to top Go down

Downloaded Get Famous and now game crashes when the logo shows Empty Re: Downloaded Get Famous and now game crashes when the logo shows

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 01:07

Run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 06:53

I had the same issue, what I did was to turn off any antivirus off (in my case Windows Defender) and copy the installation files again to the sims folder. Game turned on normally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 08:22

Funny how many people forget that step. Always have the Anti virus disabled before downloading. Have even the folder it downloads to in your exceptions. You can always reverse that one. Remember that G4TW is safe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 15:06

I believe I am having the same issue. This is the first time a new download has crashed for me. Antivirus was shut off during download like usual. The game goes to open fine. The EA logo pops up and the game closes back to desktop. Not sure what to do here.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Nov 2018, 15:56

Not sure if any of this has to do with the problem back then, of virtualization.

In case of doubt anybody, try turning "virtualization" off, in your BIOS/UEFI settings. Also, under Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features on/off look for "Hyper-V" and make sure the box next to it is unmarked.

Maybe you have to re-start the PC after the latter setting, I don't know. 

Also, everybody take your script mods out completely, to rule out problems on that end as well. For me, the game is working as always, and so far I couldn't tell if there is "technically" anything different. Lots of people are complaining about error messages when extracting the .7z archive. Maybe you could try doing a force re-check on the torrent, and then re-extract again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 02:43

Hello guys I have the exact same problem, have tried everything and still crashes at EA logo. 
validator report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 11:36

@cank3r which one did you download: "TS4_Game_folder_1-47-49-1020.7z" or "The Sims 4 - Get Famous.7z"? Because it looks like you downloaded just the "Game" folder and not the full thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 17:44

@anadius I downloaded the "The Sims 4 - Get Famous.7z" 8.4GB one. Am I missing stuff?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Nov 2018, 18:33

cank3r wrote:@anadius I downloaded the "The Sims 4 - Get Famous.7z" 8.4GB one. Am I missing stuff?

Could you try re-copying and re-pasting the contents of that .7z archive, over your existing Sims 4 installation? (and don't forget as well to overwrite all existing files).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 18:43

Thanks to both of you. Apparently I was missing stuff. I extracted the 7z again and replaced everything in folder. 
My problem was that after turning off windows defender and re extracting I didn't replace what was extracted the first time. This time I did and everything is running smooth. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Nov 2018, 18:43

cank3r wrote:Thanks to both of you. Apparently I was missing stuff. I extracted the 7z again and replaced everything in folder. 
My problem was that after turning off windows defender and re extracting I didn't replace what was extracted the first time. This time I did and everything is running smooth. Thanks again.

Happy B-day! Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 05:15

I am having this issue as well. My game doesn't even get to the EA/Maxis log before crashing to desktop. I have tried the download from Google and the .torrent file and neither are working. I have tried the usual "tips and tricks" that used to work for when this happened in the past and all the new recommendations for this Expac. Short of spending another 5 hours downloading the files again, I am looking to you guys for your great suggestions and help. Here are the Validator results for my installation.

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 10:41

@SimMermaid Nothing wrong with your installation (although you could delete that "Game_" folder), so my guess is mods cause it. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. Start the game, close it, and copy saves from folder on desktop to the one in documents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 21:36

I'm having a problem where i'll open it and it says "sims 4 isn't working properly" and that's it. I did that report and this is what i got

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2018, 21:51

Thank You!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2018, 11:14

Hello Guys. I installed everything like it was supossed too but my game doesn't work. The logo appears and a few seconds after it shuts down. Sometimes goes to "ea" logo and shuts down and other times it goes to "maxis" logo and shuts down. I saw if my computer had all the requirements and it doesn't have every single one of them. But, seasons worked perfectly fine! I downloaded every single expansion from you guys and I deleted the game folder before installing this update. What do you think?
Please help!
And also, thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2018, 11:43

@rachelstonem Run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top