Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource] Empty How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource]

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 15:57

I just found this out last night from a reddit comment, and i can confirm it works. the photo at the bottom of my post
is what the site will actually look like when you are done, and it shouldnt block your ad blocker.

I probably downloaded about 2000 c/c today in maybe 2 hours. following this method will also give you access to a program called TSR CC Manager.

What You Need:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:  A Browser plugin called "Tampermonkey"

What is Tampermonkey?

Tampermonkey is the most popular userscript manager, with over 10 million users. It's available for Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera Next, and Firefox.
Tampermonkey makes it very easy to manage your userscripts and provides features like a clear overview over the running scripts, a built-in editor, ZIP-based import and export,
automatic update checks and browser and cloud storage based synchronization.

Where to get Tampermonkey: https://www.tampermonkey.net/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2: A Script called "TSR - Freemium"

What is TSR - Freemium?

The Sims Resource - Freemium
Feature List:

Direct Downloads
   Shopping Cart (requires login)
   TSR CC Manager (requires login & file download of TSR CC Manager from: https://www.thesimsresource.com/ccmanager)

Premium Style
   Quick View Scroll Fix

Allow ad blockers
   Most ad and bloat scripts removed.

TODO:

Allow downloading of items that are not yet published

Notes:

TSR CC Manager
   https://www.thesimsresource.com/ccmanager

If you have any issues refresh the page.

Where To Get TSR Freemium: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18938-tsr-freemium

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to do:

Goto Tampermonkey link posted above, select the tab on the page that states the browser you are using and click Download.

Goto TSR Freemium link posted above and click the button Just below the title, I believe it says install Script.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After following these steps you wwill see a new plugin icon at the top of your browser that will probably look like this: How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource] Untitl10
When you goto TSR https://www.thesimsresource.com/ the icon should look like this if working correctly. How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource] Untitl11

Your TSR Sims 4 download section should now look like the photo below.

How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource] Image

if you have an ad-blocker, you should see no more ads. You'll have no more 10 second wait times, and you'll be able to download with a single click.

i highly recommend choosing the How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource] Untitl12 button to do your downloads.

What Is TSR CC Manager?:

Welcome to TSR CC Manager - A Tool created to help you organize your Custom Content. Here you will find information on how to get started.

TSR CC Manager is developed in-house by TSR. For the time being it requires a VIP membership.
In order to use TSR CC Manager just click on the button labeled "Install with TSR CC Manager" for the items you would like to install. Available for Mac OS and Windows.
Important: If you are a user of Chrome App version, be sure to wait for its latest update, where you will be prompted to export database. This will allow you to keep managing all already installed items.
Download for Windows
Looking for macOS version? Click here!
Visit Help Forums

Install directly from the site

With a single click the program can automatically download and install any Sims 3 or Sims 4 item straight into your game!

Quick and easy management

You can quickly disable or enable Custom Content, just click Enable or Disable on any item in CC Manager and you're done! Did we mention it is lightning quick?

Keep it organized!

Your downloads are organized into the same categories as we have on the site. Searching on a keyword will list all content relevant to that keyword, like "red dress".

rev22x20 wrote:PS: If you find that the script stopped working and you're not seeing the premium features just disable and enable the script again on the Tampermonkey icon and then refresh TSR. It should work again then.

Dont let the length of this post scare you, it's meant to be informative, not to be confusing. I personally would have broken this up into multiple posts, but i know a mod would have combined them anyway. it's basically 2 or 3 easy steps that would take alot less time than you spent reading this post.

Enjoy!

Gatekeeper Edit: message stickied.

- The_gh0stm4n

Last edited by Misfit203 on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 02:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource] Empty Re: How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Nov 2018, 16:39

So (without me actually looking at that TSR site; haven't used it in many years)..."VIP access" essentially means you can download items faster, and without having to wait for the cooldown period to pass?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource] Empty Re: How to basically get FREE VIP from TSR website [The Sims Resource]

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 20:15

The_gh0stm4n wrote:So (without me actually looking at that TSR site; haven't used it in many years)..."VIP access" essentially means you can download items faster, and without having to wait for the cooldown period to pass?

Right...

TSR runs anti-Adblocker script which makes it so you pretty much cant download anything if your running an adblocker also, with this it also blocks the anti adblock script as well.
So no ads, no 10 second cooldown wait after clicking download. as well as access paid vip only features like download basket and TSR CC Manager which downloads cc straight to your mods folder, as well as merges all TSR c/c together so you have less c/c files. c/c can also be uninstalled or repaired thru TSR CCM. it also organizes it and has a search bar. the interface also shows photos of all the c/c you have installed thru TSR CCM.

It's pretty much like using a different site once you go thru this process. everything that was most annoying about TSR is gone and your life is made a hell of alot easier. Not sure how much VIP is, but i'd have to say it's probably worth the money for people who can afford it.

I saw a comment on a reddit post by a TSR c/c creator who has millions of downloads and he said c/c creators dont make any money from TSR and they even have to pay for their own vip. how screwed up is that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2018, 19:07

working t.y. Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2018, 22:23

mazriel wrote:working t.y. Carlos is tha man!!!

Your welcome Mazriel, Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2018, 00:26

PS: If you find that the script stopped working and you're not seeing the premium features just disable and enable the script again on the Tampermonkey icon and then refresh TSR. It should work again then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2018, 02:10

rev22x20 wrote:PS: If you find that the script stopped working and you're not seeing the premium features just disable and enable the script again on the Tampermonkey icon and then refresh TSR. It should work again then.

Thanks for that, i didnt even know. havent had any problems yet. (knock on wood)

Im gonna add your quote to main post.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Dec 2018, 17:00

Misfit203 wrote:I saw a comment on a reddit post by a TSR c/c creator who has millions of downloads and he said c/c creators dont make any money from TSR and they even have to pay for their own vip. how screwed up is that.

I don't know how much needs to be paid for a "VIP status" there, and yes, I also find it is screwed up. But not to the extent that the average person does. Why? Let's take a step back.

A lot of people can imagine themselves becoming some kind of star on the internet. Whether as a mod/CC-creator (of any game, this is not just restricted to The Sims), YouTuber/Twitch-streamer or whatever. And when you start off, you will want to draw attention to your project. Where do most people start? Right: on the likes of Facebook/Twitter/Reddit and whatever knock-offs of these exist. After all: "a lot of people visit these platforms, and I'm hoping to get noticed that way more easily". The same argument can also be applied to TSR, in the context of The Sims-related CC.

Everybody wants to benefit from "well-known internet platforms", to advance their own agendas or projects. But what most people don't seem to realize is that the upkeep of technical infrastructure ALSO costs money. Money, that in the end will need to be acquired one way or another.

Otherwise people are welcome to host their own websites/blogs/Tumblrs/Simblrs or whatever. But then they may not get noticed as easily. Until you show up very high in Google search results, it's going to take a while. If you have the endurance to keep up. Plus, there are already so many other of these websites as well.

Again, I don't know how much exactly you have to pay for a VIP-status, but on the other hand it is perfectly within the right of the site operators to demand at least a little contribution, in exchange for certain services.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2018, 23:49

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Misfit203 wrote:I saw a comment on a reddit post by a TSR c/c creator who has millions of downloads and he said c/c creators dont make any money from TSR and they even have to pay for their own vip. how screwed up is that.

I don't know how much needs to be paid for a "VIP status" there, and yes, I also find it is screwed up. But not to the extent that the average person does. Why? Let's take a step back.

A lot of people can imagine themselves becoming some kind of star on the internet. Whether as a mod/CC-creator (of any game, this is not just restricted to The Sims), YouTuber/Twitch-streamer or whatever. And when you start off, you will want to draw attention to your project. Where do most people start? Right: on the likes of Facebook/Twitter/Reddit and whatever knock-offs of these exist. After all: "a lot of people visit these platforms, and I'm hoping to get noticed that way more easily". The same argument can also be applied to TSR, in the context of The Sims-related CC.

Everybody wants to benefit from "well-known internet platforms", to advance their own agendas or projects. But what most people don't seem to realize is that the upkeep of technical infrastructure ALSO costs money. Money, that in the end will need to be acquired one way or another.

Otherwise people are welcome to host their own websites/blogs/Tumblrs/Simblrs or whatever. But then they may not get noticed as easily. Until you show up very high in Google search results, it's going to take a while. If you have the endurance to keep up. Plus, there are already so many other of these websites as well.

Again, I don't know how much exactly you have to pay for a VIP-status, but on the other hand it is perfectly within the right of the site operators to demand at least a little contribution, in exchange for certain services.

I get your point, but TSR is wallpapered with ads, plus makes money off the vip fee, on a site that caters to over 2 million users per month, with most viewers likely viewing hundreds of ads per session. that i've seen thru my adblocker during visits ive made myself. sometimes i wondered how the numbers were even possible lol.

that site would be worthless without the contribution of content creators. not saying every creator should get vip, but if they earn the title of featured creator, i think those people have worked their asses off and earned it. they should atleast be rewarded with vip for all that they do when they spend countless hours everyday creating content for that site. idk, thats just my opinion.
to me it just looks like they are being taken advantage of. just doesnt seem right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2019, 16:21

OMG!!! I followed your directions (and yes I read the entire post Smile) and was able to get everything you offered in your post. However, I use the Avast Secure browser and will have to switch to Chrome whenever I want to download. I do NOT mind in the least for this. You have saved me a TON of time of organizing, sorting, etc...  Thank you sooooooooooo much for that and the freemium of course, however I do have a question...

Is there any way that this cc manager can see previous downloads and will it work for other download sites or just TSR? Do you know of another cc organizer that you can recommend for when I use other sites?

Thanks again! You are such a life saver!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2019, 16:36

Oh my god. Thanks for this tip! I was getting annoyed with turning off my adblocker to download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top