Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap VPN service?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cheap VPN service? Empty Cheap VPN service?

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2018, 11:47

I just received a warning letter from my internet provider for downloading get famous even when i did the google drive on.I  was trying to find a cheap vpn software to block when i download certain things so I don't get the warning letter. I have found a view but they all charge a ridiculous amount of money for the fast download speed or enough gbs . If anybody have any suggestions please reply. I did use tunnel bear while doing it last time as well and somehow my isp still picked it up.im not entirly sure if it got turned off or what.
BTW i have ATT u verse and once m contract is up im going back to my old provider who didnt care  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd .

Back to top Go down

Cheap VPN service? Empty Re: Cheap VPN service?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Dec 2018, 16:40

//MOVED

Moved to "The Sims 4 Support", since this topic is more closer to TS4 (and there is a stickied topic under the section "Software" already, about VPN services).

I saw this here for example:
https://windscribe.com/upgrade?pcpid=2018_buildaplan_C

Tunnelbear's free plan has only very little data to use, at least the last time I checked. I would recommend Windscribe or NordVPN. But ultimately it will depend on what is "cheap" or "affordable" for you; make sure to follow these 2 providers and make use of good discounts. Then think about what you actually need to do. Do you just want to play a free Sims 4 game? If so, then look at ZLOrigin, which is comparable to direct downloads. 

If you torrent more frequently then investing in a good VPN is of course advisable.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Dec 2018, 02:18

Another thing to bear in mind when shopping around for a VPN, is does it secure you when torrenting.  I'm pretty sure Tunnelbear doesn't and in fact, it's scary how many don't.

I've found this a pretty informative link (been looking around for one myself).

Code:
https://www.techradar.com/uk/vpn/best-vpn-for-torrenting

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 08 Dec 2018, 16:17

citticringle wrote:(...) and in fact, it's scary how many don't.

Most free VPNs are only usable for things like browsing the web "anonymously" (specifically, accessing websites that may be unreachable for people in one's country) and maybe light multimedia consumption (watching sports broadcasts through some channel in the likes of Qatar or Bahrain, because SKY SPORTS subscriptions are rather expensive, etc.).

Given the fact that internet surveillance with all its negative implications and effects is becoming more common, VPN providers will find an ample field of opportunity in that regard. Though there are already voices calling to forbid these VPN services.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top