Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Items in Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing Items in Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? Empty Missing Items in Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2018, 19:59

My boyfriend installed the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for me on Windows 10. 
But while playing the game I noticed that a lot of my favourite items are missing (f.e. kitchen/bathroom items or garden and party items for weddings, also Teen Style items). Actually all the Stuff-Pack Items are missing. 
I already inserted the "Bonus Items", "Pre-Order Items" -and "Store Items" from the download folder. 
And in documents/Ea Games/The Sims Ultimate Collection/Collections are all the Accessoires packages (.package).
But I can't find any of these items in the game.
What am I doing wrong? Anyone else with the same problem?
Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Missing Items in Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? Empty Re: Missing Items in Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 12:43

The Ultimate collection version you are apparently using only consists of:

The Sims 2 basic
Appartment Life
Best of Business
Bon Voyage
Free Time
Fun with Pets
Seasons
University
Nightlife
Mansion & Garden.
Celebration Stuff
Glamour stuff
Holiday Stuff

Don't ask me why it does not contain all stuff packs:

Missing:
Teen Stuff
Kitchen & Bath
Ikea Stuff

D>

Back to top Go down

Missing Items in Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? Empty Re: Missing Items in Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Dec 2018, 13:11

DrLecter wrote:My boyfriend installed the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for me on Windows 10. 
But while playing the game I noticed that a lot of my favourite items are missing (f.e. kitchen/bathroom items or garden and party items for weddings, also Teen Style items). Actually all the Stuff-Pack Items are missing. 
I already inserted the "Bonus Items", "Pre-Order Items" -and "Store Items" from the download folder. 
And in documents/Ea Games/The Sims Ultimate Collection/Collections are all the Accessoires packages (.package).
But I can't find any of these items in the game.
What am I doing wrong? Anyone else with the same problem?
Why God. Why God. Why God.

Welcome to the Forum,

Nothing is wrong with the torrent; if you really feel that items are missing something went wrong during installation or the download. For now, just try running the Sims2EP9.exe as Administrator, and see if you notice any differences. If not, we might have to edit file/folder permissions manually, and see how it goes from there.

//EDIT

This was written in the context of The Sims 3, but can be applied to (almost) any other folder as well:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

Start with editing folder permissions for every "layer" until you get to the root folder of the game. So it will look like this.

- C:\Program Files\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin

Start with "TSBin", then => "SP9", then =>"Fun with Pets", then =>"The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection". After that try the game again.

Tarac wrote:The Ultimate collection version you are apparently using only consists of:

The Sims 2 basic
Appartment Life
Best of Business
Bon Voyage
Free Time
Fun with Pets
Seasons
University
Nightlife
Mansion & Garden.
Celebration Stuff
Glamour stuff
Holiday Stuff

Don't ask me why it does not contain all stuff packs:

Missing:
Teen Stuff
Kitchen & Bath
Ikea Stuff

D>

Ah, the legacy of the old Admin: well-meaning, but oftentimes tired and out-of-touch volunteers (including you). It really makes a lot of sense that a game that is named "Ultimate Collection" and made available on Origin/ZLOrigin wouldn't have all DLCs and updates. Because this torrent is based on the Origin/ZLOrigin version of "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection", in case you didn't know.

If you paid closer attention, you would have noticed the Ikea Stuff (SP8) and Teen Style Stuff (SP6) are incorporated within the "University"-folder. The Kitchen/Bath (SP7) is incorporated within "Best of Business". I'm almost sure though I've mentioned in the past that this particular game version has a different folder structure, compared to the normal editions of The Sims 2?

And what's that "D>" supposed to mean at the end of your commentary?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 15:18

the D> is a typing error, no meaning at all.
My guess is that TS is not using the Ultimate Collection from G4TW

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Dec 2018, 19:55

Tarac wrote:My guess is that TS is not using the Ultimate Collection from G4TW

I'm pretty sure they meant "Ultimate Collection", and there is no other Sims 2 compilation with a similar name.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top