Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video converter to TGQ files?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video converter to TGQ files? Empty Video converter to TGQ files?

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2019, 13:19

hi. I need to convert video files from youtube to TCQ file format (its a video format a game used )

After googling attempt I only find the opposite, TCQ to AVI converter. I need to convert video to game format instead

anybody knows?

//EDIT

sorry I mean TGQ

Back to top Go down

Video converter to TGQ files? Empty Re: Video converter to TGQ files?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Feb 2019, 03:31

Hanan1996 wrote:After googling attempt I only find the opposite, TCQ to AVI converter. I need to convert video to game format instead

(...)

^if you can't easily find information about that kind of stuff, this is oftentimes an indicator that it is some sort of 'special' file format that has either been discontinued, or you have to use special software (that is usually not, or not easily available to the general public).

//EDIT

I found this here after some research*:

unknown wrote:TGQ is a proprietary format used by Electronic Arts, back when there weren’t many alternatives for video playback on low-spec PCs. 

(When we worked on a game for them in the 90s, they insisted that we use their video format and tools)

In other words: you cannot encode video files, unless you use whatever program EA are using. My guess is you probably want to create these video files, in order to put them back in some (older) game? If so, it seems you're out of luck.

*source: https://www.moviecodec.com/encoding/tgq-movie-file-6742/
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top