Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some commands falling upon deaf ears in The Sims Medieval

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some commands falling upon deaf ears in The Sims Medieval Empty Some commands falling upon deaf ears in The Sims Medieval

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2019, 22:26

I've been playing The Sims Medieval for a little while now and I'm glad I decided to download it again. Old as it may be it still is pretty fun. I installed Pirates and Nobles and updated it to the last patch. 

One of the things I noticed is that the lock door function does not seem to work, but there is a mod by grimreefer24601 http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=446305&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments on MTS that might work that would solve that issue. My big issue is that after playing for a while suddenly the self-interaction menu suddenly won't pop up when I click on my hero sim after a task was given that requires it. I only have one mod installed right now, which is the CAS any sim mod by DeeDawg http://modthesims.info/t/545333. It was working great for a while so I don't know what changed or even if the mod was the cause of the problem. Any ideas? I appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Some commands falling upon deaf ears in The Sims Medieval Empty Re: Some commands falling upon deaf ears in The Sims Medieval

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Mar 2019, 12:27

VoID2812 wrote:
I've been playing The Sims Medieval for a little while now and I'm glad I decided to download it again. Old as it may be it still is pretty fun. I installed Pirates and Nobles and updated it to the last patch. 

One of the things I noticed is that the lock door function does not seem to work, but there is a mod by grimreefer24601 http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=446305&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments on MTS that might work that would solve that issue. My big issue is that after playing for a while suddenly the self-interaction menu suddenly won't pop up when I click on my hero sim after a task was given that requires it. I only have one mod installed right now, which is the CAS any sim mod by DeeDawg http://modthesims.info/t/545333. It was working great for a while so I don't know what changed or even if the mod was the cause of the problem. Any ideas? I appreciate it.

If you updated the game through the launcher, you could try downloading a manual patch (2.0.113.00001), running it, and then re-applying the Medieval Ultimate Fix. Sometimes running the manual patch is better than using the launcher. You can also google for the patch if you don't want to download it through that Forum thread.

If that doesn't solve your problem, well. The Sims Medieval never was very popular; there are better medieval-themed games out there. So EA stopped working on this long ago.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Some commands falling upon deaf ears in The Sims Medieval Empty Re: Some commands falling upon deaf ears in The Sims Medieval

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2019, 12:45

Thank you. I will try that @Thegh0stm4n.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2019, 13:32

I've been playing the Medieval all-in-one for a long time and no problems at all.
I distributed this all-in-one version as some updates/patches do not seem to work quite well.
This version includes Pirates & Nobles and is fully updated.
You can find it HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Mar 2019, 15:50

I would not recommend uninstalling and re-installing the game on the (tiny) chance that a game glitch is being fixed simply by using a different repack.

Tarac wrote:I've been playing the Medieval all-in-one for a long time and no problems at all.
I distributed this all-in-one version as some updates/patches do not seem to work quite well.
This version includes Pirates & Nobles and is fully updated.
You can find it HERE

"Some updates/patches do not seem to work quite well"? What other patches are there, except the 2.0.113.00001 (and 2.0.113.00007)? What most people - including you - do not seem to know is that the Pirates & Nobles DLC from G4TW actually includes both of these patches already.

Some commands falling upon deaf ears in The Sims Medieval YzMEgdNzTmqzKc_TTTvifA

Yes, the old Admin's instructions are not specifically mentioning these two patches. But they are included.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top