Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem installing Sims 3 : Island Paradise on Mac.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem installing Sims 3 : Island Paradise on Mac. Empty Problem installing Sims 3 : Island Paradise on Mac.

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2019, 16:44

Hi, 
I've been trying to download/install the Island Paradise EP. I already have the base game (bought it off of Origin.) I have the Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University and some store content but my game works fine. 
My game is updated to version 1.67.2.024017. 
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'}

I started by using the Sims 3 guide for Mac on the G4TW.org site (can't link it). 

I manage to download the torrent for the Island Paradise EP off of G4TW, extract the .rar file (I used The Unarchiver rather than StuffIt because it won't work on my Mac. The ".rar" file is still successfully extracted.) 

I move on to the next step and create the .dmg file as instructed. When I click on the installer after creating the dmg file, i get a pop-up window with this message "The application “The Sims™ 3 Island Paradise Installer” can’t be opened." 

[color:e892=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.850980392156863)]I've tried to look up what the issue is and looked at all the fixes. I deleted then redownload the .rar file and dmg and i still cant get it to work. 

[color:e892=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.850980392156863)]Hoping someone can help me out!!
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)}

Gatekeeper Edit: moved.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Problem installing Sims 3 : Island Paradise on Mac. Empty Re: Problem installing Sims 3 : Island Paradise on Mac.

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2019, 23:08

Probably Gatekeeper preventing you from installing the game. I advise you to do a quick search on how to turn off gatekeeper on mac OS (using you're version), since depending on what OS you're on it may be a different step.

Just remember to turn gatekeeper on after you're done with installing

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Problem installing Sims 3 : Island Paradise on Mac. Empty Re: Problem installing Sims 3 : Island Paradise on Mac.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Dec 2019, 17:48

Sorry if it's a faux pas to resurrect an old thread, but I am having the same issue as this user with any expansion or stuff pack. I'm running 10.12.6 and have confirmed with an Apple Senior Advisor that the issue isn't Gatekeeper. I set it to open anything with a Terminal command and I'm still getting the same error.

Any other thoughts? Could 10.12 be making bad DMGs?

//EDIT

I'm laid up with a fractured ankle and nothing but time, and I managed to get everything working after a week of issues! In case anyone happens to stumble upon this thread, the steps I followed are below.

For reference, I am currently running macOS Sierra (10.12.6) on a MacBookPro11,3. Also, I purchased the game on disc eons ago, so I have a legitimate base game from Origin. Your mileage may vary if you are getting the base game elsewhere.

Part 1: Remove the Game and Origin

1.1: Manually remove The Sims 3 with these instructions from EA. Follow all Mac steps! Do not rely on the uninstaller.
1.2: Manually remove Origin the hard way with these instructions from EA.

Part 2: Create Disc Images

2.1: Download the complete collection .rar from Games4theWorld.
2.2: Expand it using StuffIt Expander (I used version 16.0.6, for reference).
2.3: Rename the folders for each expansion pack. I happened to rename them based on EA's recommended installation order (2 - World Adventures, 3 - High-End Loft Stuff, etc.). I don't know for sure, but I think renaming the folders corrected whatever was giving the "installer can't be opened" error.
2.4: Open Disk Utility.
2.5: Select File > New Image > Image from Folder... (or shift-command-N). The plus side for this is that it will automatically make the image whatever size it needs to be.
2.6: Change the file name from "Untitled" to the folder name. I'm not sure this matters, but it's what I did.
2.7: For Encryption, choose "none" (this is default).
2.8: For Image Format, choose "DVD/CD master". This will create a CDR file, not a DMG. I have no idea if the format change helped it work, but it worked for me. CDR is apparently the same as ISO and volume mounts just like an ISO or DMG.
2.9: Rinse and repeat for every expansion pack you intend to install.

Part 3: Install and Patch the Base Game

3.1: Download, install, and log in to Origin. Skip this if you do not have an Origin copy.
3.2: Use Origin to download and install the base game. If you get the game from elsewhere, install it per those instructions.
3.3: Patch the game. I used the Region 7 version directly from EA (To-9355-1.67.2.024017) since I had a legitimate Origin copy. You may choose to use the patch available from Games4theWorld if you get the game elsewhere.

Part 4: Install the Expansion Packs

4.1: Mount a disk image and launch the expansion pack's installer.
4.2: Follow the prompts, and enter a serial number in the # Installation Guide.txt file.
4.3: If everything is installing correctly, the final Summary screen will display a checkbox to launch the Readme underneath the large green checkmark. The many prior times I tried different things, I was not seeing the readme checkbox, so I think it is an indicator that the installation is going as planned.
4.4: Rinse and repeat for each desired expansion pack based on EA's recommended installation order. You must install at least one pack from 8 - Generations to 21 - Into the Future. Beginning with Generations, EA changed the way the packs installed and verified.

Part 5: Crack the Game

5.1: Download and expand the Games4theWorld Ultimate Fix.
5.2: Ignore everything except the # Crack folder.
5.3: Navigate to Applications/The Sims™ 3 in the Finder.
5.4: Pause here and be sure you see a readme.txt file and alias for every expansion pack you installed. If any are missing, it could indicate your installation went awry and you'll be plagued with errors.
5.5: Right-click the plain green plumbob "The Sims™ 3" app, not the icon for any expansion packs.
5.6: Select "Show Package Contents".
5.7: Navigate to Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts.
5.8: Pause here and be sure you see a "The Sims 3" folder and an alias to every expansion pack you installed. Beginning with macOS 10.11, there some potential issues with Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Late Night, and Outdoor Living Stuff installations. If you installed any of them and do not see an alias, something has gone awry and you will likely get plagued with errors.
5.9: Continue navigating to .../Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.
5.10: Overwrite the existing TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files with the versions from the Ultimate Fix # Crack folder.

Part 6: Launch the Game

6.1: Double click the plain green plumbob "The Sims™ 3" app.
6.2: Pause and look at the bottom of the Launcher. In the strip of expansion pack icons, all of the packs you installed should be highlighted. If everything prior to Generations is dark (and you installed one of them), something has likely gone awry.
6.2: Click the giant blue Play button.
6.3: Pray. If you make it to the logos and intro movie, you should be good to go.

Hope someone finds this update to the original Mac guide useful!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Dec 2019, 00:02

tvcity6455 wrote:Sorry if it's a faux pas to resurrect an old thread,

Welcome to the G4TW Forums @tvcity6455 and sorry for the somewhat belated reply,

I am slightly ill, so I am not doing much of anything (useful) at the moment. Why.   But thanks for your contribution! I will seek to move your post under the Mac-tutorials subforum, shortly...

As for misposting, let's say we don't care much about it in the Mac subforum here. The entire G4TW Forum here was inherited from another person who started it nearly a decade ago, but he has left the Forum years ago already. The Mac subforum here never was that active, compared to the PC sections. The last meaningful support-activity on TS3 and Macs here was with @Phoebe and @Dieneryn way back in 2013 if I remember correctly, but they have long left the Forum as well.

More recently, @User09 has helped us with TS4 and all that wineskin stuff, but with recent changes to the way those No-Origin-cracks work, things have turned quiet again.

I was considering the option of closing this Mac subforum off completely, but then people would just post in the Windows sections. I guess we'll leave it open for the moment.

So again, thanks for your little guide! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2019, 00:35

Happy to contribute! Thank you for the warm welcome, @The_gh0stm4n. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2020, 05:27

@the_gh0stm4n I was wondering if you could reupload the sims 3 base game files? the original links arent working anymore and its impossible to find the game anywhere for Mac users! please consider re-uploading it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Mar 2020, 06:01

cxcyi wrote:@the_gh0stm4n I was wondering if you could reupload the sims 3 base game files? the original links arent working anymore and its impossible to find the game anywhere for Mac users! please consider re-uploading it!!

Hello @cxcyi and welcome to the G4TW Forums,

Thanks for tagging me, now let's see. Note that first of all, pretty much all of that work was done back then with the old Admin and his staff, all of whom have long left the Forum. TS3 and Mac have always been a flurry of disarray and confusion on G4TW, even at the "peak" of the old Admin and his staff.

If I remember correctly though, the base game & DLCs that are included in the "Complete Collection"-torrent (the .rar file with 27GB I mean), should work on Mac. But I have to do some research first. I cannot promise anything, but we can "separate" just the base game from the Complete Collection-torrent and re-upload that one, if my suspicion proves to be correct.

The old Admin - or at least one of the old Helpers/Moderators - should have done more in that regard. But to be fair, priorities were different back in the days. For example, direct download hosting solutions were very scarce, and torrenting was the standard. That was even before these "ISP warning letters" were common. The old Helpers/Moderators were well-meaning and somewhat helpful, but I daresay they were a lot less organized and professional as what we have going on these days on G4TW.

So unfortunately, I myself don't have these old files. But I'll try and do some research in that regard.

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2020, 23:30

@The_gh0stm4n thank you for your effort! it would help if you separated the files if they work, Macs generally don't have enough space for gaming, at least mine barely does. However, im wondering if the files for the complete collection work at all. If they were uploaded around the same time the latest sims 3 guide for Mac it should work, that was around 2017. If it was uploaded earlier it probably won't work. im still willing to test if you'll please reupload

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Mar 2020, 08:50

cxcyi wrote:@The_gh0stm4n thank you for your effort! it would help if you separated the files if they work, Macs generally don't have enough space for gaming, at least mine barely does. However, im wondering if the files for the complete collection work at all. If they were uploaded around the same time the latest sims 3 guide for Mac it should work, that was around 2017. If it was uploaded earlier it probably won't work. im still willing to test if you'll please reupload

^the "Mac-guide" (or rather, earlier versions thereof) were around much earlier than that ... let me look.
https://games4theworld.org/Guides/The_Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

As I suspected, this version of the Mac guide (from 16-03-2017) specifically mentions the Complete Collection of TS3, the big .rar file with individual installers for each component. I'll do a little more research though and check back with a few people. Separating the base game from this thing should be easy enough. That Complete Collection torrent was released in 2014 though, if I remember correctly.

Please understand that I cannot give an ETA or anything yet.

danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top