Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 infinite loading screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 infinite loading screen  Empty The Sims 3 infinite loading screen

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 11:54

Hello,
I downloaded the game as explained by the guide, and decided to launch the base game without any expansion packs to see if it worked... well, the loading screen has been loading for a good 20 minutes (I've tried to relaunch it multiple times with the same result) and now and then asks me for the code again.
I don't know what the problem might be... Why God.
Thank you so much to anyone who could help me

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 infinite loading screen  Empty Re: The Sims 3 infinite loading screen

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 12:12

saraaaaaaaaa wrote:Hello,
I downloaded the game as explained by the guide, and decided to launch the base game without any expansion packs to see if it worked... well, the loading screen has been loading for a good 20 minutes (I've tried to relaunch it multiple times with the same result) and now and then asks me for the code again.
I don't know what the problem might be... Why God.
Thank you so much to anyone who could help me

I really think the problem is in the replacing of some "original" parts with the "Crack parts"... the guide tells me to move the 2 parts from "Crack" to "Bin" and the computer will ask me to replace them, but I have 3 parts in "Crack" and my computer only asks me to replace 1 (which is TSLHost.dll)!!! (The others are called TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update and TS3W and are not present in the "Bin" folder of the game).
I don't know what to do... Why.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 infinite loading screen  Empty Re: The Sims 3 infinite loading screen

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 12:13

Update the game first (run TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update) and then copy the other two files to "Bin" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 12:16

anadius wrote:Update the game first (run TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update) and then copy the other two files to "Bin" folder.
What do you mean by "run TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update"? 
Should I put that in first and then run the game and just then add the other two files? (Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about computers)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 12:18

You need to install it. The same way you installed the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 12:23

I don't know how to do that...
I mean, the file I have is a .exe and not a folder like the game... is there an update folder that I still have to download from the website?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 12:55

Follow this guide: https://www.games4theworld.club/t29480-new-the-sims-3-mac-guide-out-now
You didn't update the game through launcher and you downloaded wrong fix (from here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems get the one for Mac).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 15:11

anadius wrote:Follow this guide: https://www.games4theworld.club/t29480-new-the-sims-3-mac-guide-out-now
You didn't update the game through launcher and you downloaded wrong fix (from here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems get the one for Mac).

Thank you so much, now the problem is that the links in the guide that were supposed to let me download an already cracked version of the sims 3 for Mac don't exist anymore...  :$

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 15:17

I thought you already downloaded the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 15:25

Yes, from "games4theworld"

The guide gives me the link of a site called "thepiratebay", and basically it says that you're going to download the game already cracked and fixed... to follow the guide then I would have to download the game from there because mine already has problems...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 16:51

Update:
The guide you sent me won't let me open the links included in it, because apparently those. links don't exist anymore. 
Then I saw this post https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly that sounded a lot like what you told me to do.
I installed the game correctly (so number 1 done) and I downloaded the manual patch for Mac from number 2 (which I think is kind of a manual update, if I got that right). 
The problem is that my computer keeps telling me that's impossible to open it, so I'm stuck again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 17:23

You could just open thepiratebay and search for "the sims 3 mac cracked". But you've got it already so just install the update, which should be "To-9355-1.67.2.024002.tgz". You can also download it from official link: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-9355-1.67.2.024002.tgz
If you can't open it, install Unarchiver (there's a link in the PDF guide).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Mar 2019, 19:06

saraaaaaaaaa wrote:Update:
The guide you sent me won't let me open the links included in it, because apparently those. links don't exist anymore. 
Then I saw this post https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly that sounded a lot like what you told me to do.
I installed the game correctly (so number 1 done) and I downloaded the manual patch for Mac from number 2 (which I think is kind of a manual update, if I got that right). 
The problem is that my computer keeps telling me that's impossible to open it, so I'm stuck again.

Welcome to the Forum,

Note first that Games4theworld's stuff is generally geared towards Windows OS users only. With that 'background knowledge'...that Mac-guide was written (what feels like) a century ago. At the time a revolutionary achievement, since the vast majority of volunteer Helpers/Moderators we got back then were not too good at writing decent guides. 

Maybe we can do some revision (with the help of @User09), but let's see.  clown

Until then, there's not much else I can suggest other than try using a Windows-partition (Bootcamp?) on the Mac computer, and going from there.

Edit: I'll also update the description on the Mac section...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2019, 07:27

saraaaaaaaaa wrote:Yes, from "games4theworld"

The guide gives me the link of a site called "thepiratebay", and basically it says that you're going to download the game already cracked and fixed... to follow the guide then I would have to download the game from there because mine already has problems...

Could you share a screenshot of the error you get? Or paste exactly what the error says? Right now it could be Gate Keeper stopping it from being installed, but without more specific info I can't help more.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top