Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please reinstall base game - Your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 ep? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please reinstall base game - Your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 ep? [SOLVED] Empty Please reinstall base game - Your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 ep? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2019, 01:57

Last time I played the Sims 3 It worked perfectly, I have not played for a while and decided to play today, and out of nowhere when I try to run the launcher it says unable to start please reinstall base game. When I try to run TS3W it says:

"Unable to start game

Your sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the currents
Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game 
launcher."

But when I try to run the launcher it wont open and just says to reinstall the base game. I haven't touched the game files or anything since last time I played, so I have no clue why this is happening out of the blue.

Back to top Go down

Please reinstall base game - Your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 ep? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Please reinstall base game - Your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 ep? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2019, 02:19

Update: 
Just tried reinstalling the Sims 3 base game, however it wont let me since it says that the installer will install an older version of the game. Kind of at a standstill here not sure what to do past this point without screwing everything up. Worried ill have to reinstall the whole game.

Back to top Go down

Please reinstall base game - Your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 ep? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Please reinstall base game - Your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 ep? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2019, 07:00

Hmm, this is strange indeed, especially if you haven't installed any new expansions or messed with the files. However I think I know how to fix your base game installation issue. When you first install the base game it isn't on patch 1.67, it's the original 2009 patch from when it first came out. That's why you have to use the update. Your expansions are kind of "expecting" the 1.67 patch. Maybe try this and see if it fixes your issue. If not, I'm afraid reinstalling may be your best bet. Uninstall and before you install again try using a program called CCleaner to clean out your computer's registry. I did this to make sure my game wouldn't conflict with any old files I had of the legal Sims 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2019, 07:07

I just reread your post and realized it said it won't let you reinstall at all. Sorry about that. In this case, it may be your best bet to clean the registry and do a clean install. So sorry about the mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2019, 04:33

Well dang, thanks for the help, I will definitely get that CCleaner.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Jun 2019, 18:51

Lierix wrote:Well dang, thanks for the help, I will definitely get that CCleaner.

Out of interest: are you using tools similar tools like CCleaner, on your computer? If yes, it could be that these "cleaning tools" have somehow deleted registry keys of the game. 

In case you are still un-successful with CCleaner, use this here as a guide on what kind of stuff to remove:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

Make sure to re-boot the computer after doing the procedure. Good luck!  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2019, 23:12

No I dont use anything like that on my PC, I have no clue how it happened, but after uninstalling and using CC all is well it seems! The game starts up now, haven't had time yet to load a game just to make sure its running without error. But otherwise seems to be working now after a full clean install Smile

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed, I suppose.  Smile

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top