Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can’t return to Roaring Heights after finishing a term in University!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can’t return to Roaring Heights after finishing a term in University!! Empty Can’t return to Roaring Heights after finishing a term in University!!

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2019, 18:24

So I downloaded Roaring Heights, along with the boardwalk on this site. Everything in the world works fine when my sim moves in and when they move out to go to university. However, after finishing my sims’ first term in university and I try to travel back home to Roaring Heights, the loading screen just freezes Why.

I’ve tried many solutions already, like finding corrupted mods and such. I found bad cc and mods and deleted them, but it still hasn’t worked. I even uninstalled Roaring Heights + the boardwalk twice and nothing’s changed. The screen is still frozen, the loading bar is a little green and the music keeps playing, but no text changes. I’m really not sure what the solution is. After looking everywhere for answers, I just gave in and decided to post here. 

If anyone has any solutions, please answer. I really want to get more worlds but if this keeps happening then idk if I’m gonna keep playing Sad thanks!

Back to top Go down

Can’t return to Roaring Heights after finishing a term in University!! Empty Re: Can’t return to Roaring Heights after finishing a term in University!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Jun 2019, 19:09

Kittyerakat wrote:So I downloaded Roaring Heights, along with the boardwalk on this site. Everything in the world works fine when my sim moves in and when they move out to go to university. However, after finishing my sims’ first term in university and I try to travel back home to Roaring Heights, the loading screen just freezes Why.

I’ve tried many solutions already, like finding corrupted mods and such. I found bad cc and mods and deleted them, but it still hasn’t worked. I even uninstalled Roaring Heights + the boardwalk twice and nothing’s changed. The screen is still frozen, the loading bar is a little green and the music keeps playing, but no text changes. I’m really not sure what the solution is. After looking everywhere for answers, I just gave in and decided to post here. 

If anyone has any solutions, please answer. I really want to get more worlds but if this keeps happening then idk if I’m gonna keep playing Sad thanks!

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

That is - unfortunately - a very well-known glitch, that was never fixed. It has nothing to do with any of the custom worlds that you can download. It's basically a glitch that is inherent...in the university world, which is part of the "University" Expansion Pack.

And the worst thing you did, was to un-install the home world of your sim(s). Because if you have your home there, how are your sims going to return, if the files from Roaring Heights are not there anymore? Smile  So you might want to try re-installing it.

Then again, the best workaround I can provide is, that you try accessing the "Edit Town" mode, while in the University town. Save your Sims into the "Bin", and load them into a fresh savefile. This can be in any of the towns, so you don't necessarily have to use Roaring Heights again.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

I myself used to use a mod with which you were able to place the university buildings in your hometown, and take classes there too. A nice workaround to the glitch. Before you ask, no, I unfortunately don't have the mod anymore either, because I failed to back it up, when my old hard-drive died.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?  

I tried re-downloading it, but found out the original creator (don't recall the exact name anymore, it was something with "Pendragon" however) took down most of her downloads due to some kind of drama; something about other creators stealing from her and re-uploading the items without permission. It's been a while since I looked for these items, and at some point I just gave up.

If you want to give it a try, google for "Pendragon university rugs". Maybe there is some other download source. Good luck!  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can’t return to Roaring Heights after finishing a term in University!! Empty Re: Can’t return to Roaring Heights after finishing a term in University!!

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2019, 19:19

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

That is really unfortunate. I’ll try that bin idea and search that mod up too. It’s nice that I finally at least have closure for this issue, because I was really starting to feel hopeless.

Though I uninstalled Roaring Heights a few times, I did install it back to my game again, I probably should’ve made that clearer - It still didn’t work. 

Do you know if this glitch happens will all downloadable worlds or does it only apply to Roaring Heights while returning from university? 

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Jun 2019, 19:26

Kittyerakat wrote:Do you know if this glitch happens will all downloadable worlds or does it only apply to Roaring Heights while returning from university? 

Thank you!

It literally doesn't matter. This can happen in all worlds. I myself got it when playing in e.g. Hidden Springs.

Now, if I want to get a university degree, I just cheat myself one. What a Face  It's been a while since I actively played the game, but if my memory doesn't fail me now, either the "NRAAS Master Controller" or the "NRAAS Debug Enabler" (or both??), has a function somewhere to do that.

I also know the mods are not called "NRAAS" anymore (because the original creator 'retired' long ago), but it's just the way I myself call them.  Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top