Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mod Newbie.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mod Newbie. Empty Mod Newbie.

Post by xerendipity Thu 27 Jun 2019, 18:09

Ello.

I have only recently (well, since last expansion to now), started using MODS (not to be confused with cc, which I have always had tons of).  Upon installing this update, I thought all was well (swimming went swimmingly! Smile).  That said, when I moved over some lots into Sulani, I had no sinks and about three or four bathtubs within each other in each bathroom.  ... SOoo, I reverted to the backup copy / older version with no Island Living.  Since I had actually updated some of the mods, then removed them, then moved them back in, I am SO confused now.  How does this normally go?  Can you use updated mods with an older version of a game?  Does the game normally get updated to fix the bugs, or is it all really conflicting mods and should I wait until all the mods I use are updated and then try reinstalling the expansion pack?  My old game is kind of wonky too now, in that some interactions just disappear, and I am unable to build relationships.
xerendipity
xerendipity
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Mod Newbie. Empty Re: Mod Newbie.

Post by xerendipity Fri 28 Jun 2019, 08:44

I read this sticky:  https://www.games4theworld.club/t32702-official-the-sims-4-ea-patch-notes  Sounds good.  Will wait.

I cannot, now, play without my mods.  If the game wasn't so buggy to begin with, we wouldn't need mods for disabling washing dishes in the bathroom, having neighbors just walk in, townies wearing funny hats ...

Ahhhh ... So many mods, so little time.
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Jun 2019, 18:01

xerendipity wrote:How does this normally go?  Can you use updated mods with an older version of a game?

I can help answer that part of your question, though the answer is probably predictable. Haters gonna hate

Updated mods are primarily meant for...well, updated games. And I'm positive in 99.9% of all cases, there are no exceptions to that rule. If you still decide to try and run the game, make a backup of your saves somewhere, before doing so. Now.

If you haven't done so already, try using, or getting used to, the following:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cachebackup.php

Then try the game again. If that alone does not fix your game woes, you'll then have to resort to the usual tactics of one-by-one filtering. A task that can be cruel, I know, but then I'm afraid that is all I can say.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Fri 28 Jun 2019, 21:30

Lol.  Got it.  I guess I knew this, but was just hoping there was a magical miracle fix.  

Sadly, I figured out that the new, updated mods do not work with the older version(s) of the game, and when I saved my backup, I saved both S4 folders, EXCEPT for the mod folder which is yuuuge, so the old versions are, (BIG sad face), gone.  Luckily though, thanks to your recommendations/reminders on here to always back up, I have learned to do so, which allowed me to revert to my actual previous game.  Smile  Thank you.  

As for the Carl's guide, very good one, thank you, but for good measure a while back I also began deleting the clientDB, last exception, lastuiexception, and notifyglob files too.  I tested, of course, before deleting them permanently from the recycle bin.  I didn't see a marked improvement doing so, it just makes me feel better to clean out what I can.  Since I saw nothing negative either when doing so, it has just become habit.

In closing, thanks again for everything you guys do and for your patience.  As a lot of the mods I have begun using now seem to be updated, I may reinstall IL tonight or tomorrow.  If it doesn't go well, I'll be back to cry some more.  Wink
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Sun 30 Jun 2019, 20:40

Hello again.  One more question please, before I try the new pack again.

Should I re-download the pack?  Has it been updated at all or did it not need to be updated?

My mods folder now consists of an older cc folder with the cc I am mostly certain caused no conflict up until two expansions ago. and NO mods (old or new), whatsoever, so I just wanted to check and see before trying again.

Thanks!
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Jun 2019, 21:45

xerendipity wrote:Hello again.  One more question please, before I try the new pack again.

Should I re-download the pack?  Has it been updated at all or did it not need to be updated?

My mods folder now consists of an older cc folder with the cc I am mostly certain caused no conflict up until two expansions ago. and NO mods (old or new), whatsoever, so I just wanted to check and see before trying again.

Thanks!

Nothing has been updated since that Island Living-release here.

As for the older CC, feel free to check out the tool "Sims4Studio" (google it). You will need to make an account on their site in order to download the mod. I myself am not familiar with the details of using the mod, but apparently they have these "batch fixes" that you can run on older CC, to make them compatible for newer game versions.

Are you positive that these "older CC" you are using, are OK? A.k.a. did you test the game without these CC ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Sun 30 Jun 2019, 22:25

Okay, thanks!  Will use the file I have.  As far as the cc goes, I'm not sure.  The game was working okay, albeit with a slight lags sometimes between interactions until I began to use mods.  The cc folder I have now is a saved/backed up copy of everything I had until I started installing mods, after which I also downloaded more cc.  That (newer) cc is now gone though, along with all the mods.  The game right now is still acting a bit wonky on my newest save with the older cc and no mods, but on an older save it seems to behave better, which leads me to believe the cc is good.  **crosses fingers**  I do plan on re-installing IL in a few minutes, testing it a bit, then downloading a few of the updated mods, as now the game does not feel the same without them.  Wish me luck!
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Sun 30 Jun 2019, 22:26

Also, never admit you have a cracked Sims 4 game, if you need to ask for Support on these other platforms. Plus, make sure to update your cracked Sims 4 game as well, before asking for Support.

Virtually all of these platforms don't like it, if people pirate Sims games.
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Sat 06 Jul 2019, 02:10

Freezer Bunny wrote:Also, never admit you have a cracked Sims 4 game, if you need to ask for Support on these other platforms. Plus, make sure to update your cracked Sims 4 game as well, before asking for Support.

Virtually all of these platforms don't like it, if people pirate Sims games.

Freezer Bunny, oh, of course.  I can see why you would mention it though.  I have seen people do that and just shake my head as they are either berated or ignored.  Personally, I don't understand why they care so much.  Creators and modders are the most marginalized group of people by the game manufacturers, so the loyalty these groups show these companies is bizarre.
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Jul 2019, 19:41

xerendipity wrote:Freezer Bunny, oh, of course.  I can see why you would mention it though.  I have seen people do that and just shake my head as they are either berated or ignored.  Personally, I don't understand why they care so much.  Creators and modders are the most marginalized group of people by the game manufacturers, so the loyalty these groups show these companies is bizarre.

It never looks good at least in Western or even in "Western-based" societies, to openly endorse piracy. Even VPN providers put out these disclaimers that they "do not officially endorse piracy", but in that case no worries. If you use a VPN for torrenting, then try avoiding to connect to hostile countries like the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Germany or France.

Back to topic, let's not forget that the strategies of some mod-support platforms in that regard are also evolving. I recall a user here who asked for Support somewhere, and they asked for these lastException logs. Turns out that she was - at the time - still using an old version of the game for which there was no crack out, yet. The legal Origin-based version of course had its update released.

But from that aside, if you make sure your cracked game is updated to the same level as the Origin-version, then there is no way for outsiders to determine your version to be cracked, unless you reveal it yourself.

People display that type of loyalty for many reasons. Sometimes purely out of idealistic anti-piracy motives. But most of the time there is also an element of an envisioned material benefit: the chance to meet/greet these "Simgurus". Or to be featured in a "major gaming news platform". Or maybe even land a job at EA directly?

The latter is especially relevant in these modern times in which most manual work is outsourced to (child) slave laborers in China/India/Bangladesh, and many college/university degrees not being worth the paper they are printed on.

#politics
#offtopic

Killkillkillkill!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Wed 24 Jul 2019, 19:37

@The_gh0stm4n  True, true.  Well said.
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)