Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Pop-Ups for each DLC Pack Keep Re-appearing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome Pop-Ups for each DLC Pack Keep Re-appearing. Empty Welcome Pop-Ups for each DLC Pack Keep Re-appearing.

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2019, 23:26

I started getting this issue after I updated with the Island Living Expansion. Well, as the title states, the Pop-up with the Welcome/Preview for each pack that's installed keep showing up everytime I open the game. Usually, I would see and close all of them when I just installed an update and then I would not have to see them again until I install the next one, but this time, I see and close all of them every. single. time. Help please.

//EDIT

I think the issue has been resolved, although I'm not certain which step fixed it so I'll just list them all. If anyone does get this issue, I deleted the Option config file in the Electronic Arts folder inside Documents. Then, I changed the settings to how they were become in-game. Most notably, I unticked two checkboxes for New Game Tutorials. Hope it helps.

Back to top Go down

Welcome Pop-Ups for each DLC Pack Keep Re-appearing. Empty Re: Welcome Pop-Ups for each DLC Pack Keep Re-appearing.

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2019, 00:19

I think deleting "Options.ini" is what helped. Info about closed DLC pop-ups is saved to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ReticulatedSplinesView". I wonder if deleting it would solve the problem too. You know, without resetting options.

Gatekeeper Edit: the topic has been moved under "The Sims 4 Tips & Tricks".

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top