Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNIS and pirated Skyrim Legendary Edition.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FNIS and pirated Skyrim Legendary Edition. Empty FNIS and pirated Skyrim Legendary Edition.

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jul 2019, 18:17

Greetings.

It's been so long since I paid a visit to this site. I am playing Skyrim again after three years ago I bought the SE version for my Switch. However I'd like to get the skeleton mod off the nexus site but it requires FNIS. I wonder if FNIS would run on pirated copy? since the author is so mean to the piracy community.

Back to top Go down

FNIS and pirated Skyrim Legendary Edition. Empty Re: FNIS and pirated Skyrim Legendary Edition.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jul 2019, 18:37

johannshah wrote:Greetings.

It's been so long since I paid a visit to this site. I am playing Skyrim again after three years ago I bought the SE version for my Switch. However I'd like to get the skeleton mod off the nexus site but it requires FNIS. I wonder if FNIS would run on pirated copy? since the author is so mean to the piracy community.

//MOVED

Moved to "PC Gamerlounge".

I don't know. But I can telll from experience in other games, that if possible, you should simply download the item(s), if possible. And then just try if they run on pirated mods. In most cases, mods work on pirated games as well. And yes, if you really need to ask for help from these sites, you should not mention that your game is pirated. If they ask for any "logs" something similar from your end, don't respond either.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

FNIS and pirated Skyrim Legendary Edition. Empty Re: FNIS and pirated Skyrim Legendary Edition.

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jul 2019, 18:44

Thank you for your response. I just got them and generated FNIS for users for the first time but the log said something like this

"Warning! Skyrim doesn't run on a legal Steam. It can be fixed once Steam has verified."

I wonder whether it would affect the game at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jul 2019, 19:47

johannshah wrote:Thank you for your response. I just got them and generated FNIS for users for the first time but the log said something like this

"Warning! Skyrim doesn't run on a legal Steam. It can be fixed once Steam has verified."

I wonder whether it would affect the game at all?

Hmm...that must be something super-fancy, if it prompts you with something about "legal Steam". The best you can do is try, but I suspect it may not work.

Sorry I can't help more here. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jul 2019, 20:50

It's alright. Perhaps someone on here could tell whether FNIS could run on pirated Skyrim.

Was checking the Russian site and had to open up Google translate. They said it worked but Google seemed to mess up the translation in horrible English.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2020, 09:15

Where did you get your Version of Skyrim? I, too, just got the Switch Version and then discovered that other Console versions get Mods and extra "DLC" like Survival Mode.
But I don't know where to trust to get the free version of Legendary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Feb 2020, 01:43

Compatibility solely depends on the crack you used. If it's one which replaces the .exe file, don't use it for any of the Fallout or Elder Scrolls games. Instead, use a crack that wraps the steamapi.dll, such as ALI123, Goldberg, or SmartSteamEmulator.

The error in the OP also occurs with legit versions that aren't in the usual steam\steamapps\common folder, such as if you use junctions or just changed the folder location via the registry. In that case, it will be completely compatible, don't worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top