Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - Bypass Origin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - Bypass Origin? Empty The Sims 4 - Bypass Origin?

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2019, 17:14

Hey everyone! I have TS4 on my mac, purchased the base game and all expansions I have. I'm having an issue with my origin account that seems to be irreconcilable , and I want to see if there's a way to bypass Origin and play the game offline directly. 

Maybe a file that needs to be edited to stop it from popping up? I sort of recall not needing Origin when I used a G4TW sims years ago for PC.

Any help and advice is appreciated! I'd had to have wasted all that money, and trying to uninstall non-official versions on Mac hasn't worked great for me in the past, even with endless troubleshooting.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Bypass Origin? Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Bypass Origin?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Aug 2019, 19:51

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

You cannot bypass Origin in a 'legal' manner. Regardless of what platform you use the game on (Windows/Mac), you have to go through the hassle of logging into Origin, and going from there.

You would have to use a No-Origin bypass, a.k.a. crack, to solve the issue, but that has to be run in a wrapper like Wineskin. And since that is about the only Mac-knowledge I have in this regard, I'll have to tag @User09 for more details the next time she comes online. Very Happy

Sorry you spent money (unnecessarily?), but what can you expect from the corporation behind The Sims...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2019, 20:00

As Ghostman wrote above, there's no way to bypass origin regardless of what OS system you're on.  Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 11 Aug 2019, 17:44

By the way, and as uncomfortable as it may be in a situation like yours:

Incandescents wrote:I'm having an issue with my origin account that seems to be irreconcilable , and I want to see if there's a way to bypass Origin and play the game offline directly.

You can try contacting EA's "Support" to help you restore access to your Origin account, but even if they are co-operative (not guaranteed by any means), it's possible that they will ask you to provide some proof that you have purchased the game. That would be a theoretical, albeit unpleasant, avenue.

If your account is "especially valuable", a.k.a. you have many legally-purchased games on there, I would give EA's Support a shot. If it doesn't work, nothing is lost. But if we're only talking about an Origin account with The Sims 4, I'd argue it's not worth the hassle. But it's your decision in the end.

Good luck.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top