Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mod section. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mod section. [SOLVED] Empty Mod section. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2019, 16:38

Admin can we get a section for mods, mods sites etc.

[not]Moved to "Suggestions"!

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

Mod section. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mod section. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Sep 2019, 19:34

Only if we have someone willing to maintain/keeping those sections and threads up-to-date. Haters gonna hate  Similar to what I believe @grieralexander brought up earlier somewhere here (IIRC the topic was about a thread dealing with outdated mods for TS4), I don't really want any of these things turn out into another Sims 4 Gallery.

I myself am not really interested/capable of putting effort into such a thing, if it's about Sims 4, I'm sorry. But maybe over time a solution might "crystallize" itself.

Edit: and quite frankly, for any new additional projects, I would only want to deal with people whose personal quality and maturity are comparable to that of senior G4TW team members. "Not realistic to find such people?". You might very well think that. But then again, if we don't have the right "material" to work with, then we simply won't open new sections.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Sat 07 Sep 2019, 19:38

I'm not sure if there is much point in doing something like that on G4TW here. Most people are here to get one or more free games, and as for more 'in-depth' game discussion, people nowadays prefer social media platforms like Facebook or Reddit.

"Just the way she goes". Very Happy
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Sep 2019, 19:38

Freezer Bunny wrote:I'm not sure if there is much point in doing something like that on G4TW here. Most people are here to get one or more free games, and as for more 'in-depth' game discussion, people nowadays prefer social media platforms like Facebook or Reddit.

"Just the way she goes". Very Happy

^Yes, that too.

People ask all the time for new & fancy stuff on here, but given the difficulties we have even when it comes to something basic such as re-seeding certain torrents (a.k.a. non-Sims games that tend to be less popular than our Sims stuff), we're not likely going to do additional projects or Forum sections for the time being. I know this will disappoint some people, but I'm just saying it, as it is.

Now, I estimate that someone may try to "make a first step" by opening a topic somewhere, and the topic will likely become abandoned after some time. We will of course wait a little and see, but if it becomes clear that the project is inactive for too long, it'll be removed - and if the topic creator decides to make a scene thereafter, they can also take themselves away. And quickly. 

Just another one of my "friendly" reminders. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Sun 08 Sep 2019, 22:34

The_gh0stm4n wrote:but if it becomes clear that the project is inactive for too long, it'll be removed - and if the topic creator decides to make a scene thereafter, they can also take themselves away. And quickly.

Is that not a bit harsh though?? Razz
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Sep 2019, 22:49

Freezer Bunny wrote:

Naaaah.

Like I said, I don't want any of these new things to turn out like the TS4 Gallery section, where posts of people keep piling up and the "people in charge" (who volunteered for that thing in the first place) stop showing up without any meaningful communication.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Mon 09 Sep 2019, 16:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Freezer Bunny wrote:

Naaaah.

Like I said, I don't want any of these new things to turn out like the TS4 Gallery section, where posts of people keep piling up and the "people in charge" (who volunteered for that thing in the first place) stop showing up without any meaningful communication.

I completely agree! As well all know, the new patch is out and I'm having a hard time, finding the broken mods out in the Sims 4 community, because people start with full steam and then abandon their projects. I am always on the lookout, since I have to update my mods, anyway; but I need to be realistic that Sims 4 is yet to generate the interest and commitment as it's predecessors out in the Sims community.

[not]Since everything has been said, I will close the thread now.

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top