Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborhoodville!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborhoodville! Empty Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborhoodville!

Post by Freezer Bunny Mon 09 Sep 2019, 19:18

It's out! Very Happy

EA wrote:Founder's Edition

Join us as a Founding Neighbor in this early edition and be a part of the community that battles for Neighborville ahead of worldwide launch!
With the Founder’s Edition, you’ll play through six weeks of weekly content releases as we progress towards worldwide launch on October 18. Earn exclusive rewards for the first four weeks when you log in*, become part of the Founder’s community, and help make Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville™ better for all just by playing. It’s a no-brainer! You also get to be one of the first on your block to experience the game – even Zomboss will be jealous when you tell him. 
Over the six weeks of content drops you’ll enjoy 20 fully customizable character classes in one social region, three free-roam regions, one PvE mode and six online multiplayer modes, including Battle Arena, with split-screen couch co-op** in every mode.
How do you become a Founding Neighbor? It’s simple:

• Get the digital-only, Founder’s Edition – only available for purchase from September 4 – 30
  • Play through six weeks of fresh content drops from September 4 – October 17, with your progress rolling over to the standard edition of the game
  • Enjoy the same content as the Standard Edition product on October 18 at no additional cost

I'll definitely buy that Founder's Edition. Razz  Haters gonna hate
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborhoodville! Empty Re: Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborhoodville!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Sep 2019, 00:31

So is this basically a "PvZ: Garden Warfare 3"...?

I also wonder about the price of this thing, which according to the page here is (only) 30 Euros...?
https://www.ea.com/games/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies-battle-for-neighborville/buy/pc

I remember when Garden Warfare 2 came out they hyped this thing so much, and charged 60 Euros for it, which is more in line with EA's general pricing policy. Either way, spending 30 Euros on that is going to be more worth it than buying DLCs of a certain overrated and unnamed life simulation PC game. These multiplayer-shooters from EA actually tend to be worth their money.

Also, if anybody plans on buying this thing, expect serious glitches in the multiplayer; at least in the beginning.

Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborhoodville! Empty Re: Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborhoodville!

Post by Sim Architect Fri 13 Sep 2019, 11:05

Love plants vs Zombies! Just did a live stream on Twitch with the classic one.  Oh my...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Sep 2019, 01:42

Sim Architect wrote:Love plants vs Zombies! Just did a live stream on Twitch with the classic one.  Oh my...

This reminds me of the times when I used to play with the Chomper, and always tried sneaking up enemy-player zombies, from behind, only to devour them shortly after. Which is basically like getting jammed a knife, in your back. What a Face  Psychologically very frustrating for sure, though of course the strategy only works when the zombie team was highly disorganized.

Haven't played much, even with PvZ: Garden Warfare 2 (Origin says I only clocked 15 gameplay hours there). But in Garden Warfare I got over 700 hours. alien

I re-downloaded and re-installed GW1 recently, but I've become older in the meantime, and also very rusty with the game. Killkillkillkill! Maybe I'll check out  Garden Warfare 3  Battle for Neighborhoodsville.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Tue 22 Oct 2019, 15:23

The_gh0stm4n wrote:So is this basically a "PvZ: Garden Warfare 3"...?

I think that some aspects of the game are more nuanced than in previous titles; for example here in "Battle for Neighborhoodville" the type of upgrades that you can equip to a character are more complex, and there's more types of upgrades in general than the old-fashioned damage/health up/magazine size/etc.

Cookie from Carlos
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Nov 2019, 17:04

Freezer Bunny wrote:I think that some aspects of the game are more nuanced than in previous titles; for example here in "Battle for Neighborhoodville" the type of upgrades that you can equip to a character are more complex, and there's more types of upgrades in general than the old-fashioned damage/health up/magazine size/etc.

Cookie from Carlos

Ah, makes a bit sense that they would do certain things slightly different than in previous titles!

I never really "got into" Garden Warfare 2, because I found most maps to be too sniper-focused. OK, a lot of developers these days make shooters "sniper/camper-friendly" in order to appease to ... let's use a very friendly term here, and use the expression "casual audience".

Also a main reason (for me at least) not to buy the vast majority of these mainstream/AAA titles that come out nowadays, at least not on full price. Killkillkillkill!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top