Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News about the download links.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

News about the download links. Empty News about the download links.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Oct 2019, 22:31

@everybody

Note that I've temporarily disabled all available direct download links for our The Sims 4 repacks, for *reasons* - so don't ask "why can't I find the announcement with the direct download link(s) anymore". I will just point to this (admittedly ominous) comment of mine, here. Stay tuned for further information.

I'll give you so much...that these direct downloads, despite us only using dummy accounts in public and a number of other precautions, have the potential for lots of headache later down the road. I'm fully aware that the majority of our audience come from Western Liberal DemocraciesTM (US, UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand), and those direct downloads are meant for people who cannot torrent the items due to more and more common "ISP warning letters". But bluntly, despite the many people in need of this download format, it almost has caused us more problems than good.

In the long run, it will be more and more important to try invest in a good VPN service, but let's see what happens.

You could also file individual complaints about aggressive internet surveillance, to your administrations in Paris/Berlin/Washington D.C./London/Ottawa or whatever. Though I'm pretty sure that if you do that, you will end up on some kind of terrorism watchlist. But I digress.

//EDIT

The problem has been resolved, so the direct download links are back online! We will still have to see, how to proceed from here, with regards to future direct downloads.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top