Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Complete Collection Mac - Installation Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection Mac - Installation Issues Empty Sims 3 Complete Collection Mac - Installation Issues

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2019, 16:41

Hi guys,

Huge fan of your work - thanks for all that you do!

I am having problems with installing the Sims 3 complete collection on my Mac. I can't find any forum posts or help except for the official guides specifically for the Mac but apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place, please signpost me if I am.

I previously had the complete collection on my Mac which worked fine (from Games4theworld) but I stupidly decided to free up some storage by clearing my user cache and the game stopped working after that. So I deleted everything and re-downloaded the collection from Games4theworld and have been trying to re-install for about a week now with no luck.

I have followed the guidance to the letter several times but cannot get it to work.

What I have done:
- Downloaded the complete collection through uTorrent
- Expanded with StuffIt Expander
- Made DMG files of the base game and all EPs/ stuff packs
- Installed the base game
- Applied the manual patch
((Note: when I try to run the base game it doesn't open: the plumbob icon appears in the menu bar at the bottom of the screen but doesn't bounce like it should, and then just disappears. The launcher doesn't open at all.))
- Installed all EPs in the order outlined on the guidance (above)
- Applied the crack
- Tried opening, doesn't work (like the base game)
- Re-apply the manual patch, and I've tried applying the ultimate fix here too

I really don't know what to do. I feel like I'm so close it must be something really simple that I'm just missing out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I feel like tearing my hair out at this point  Oh my... Why God.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection Mac - Installation Issues Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection Mac - Installation Issues

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Oct 2019, 17:41

Welcome to the G4TW Forums @Thunderyode

I've moved your topic to "Mac Support", and I shall also tag @User09, maybe she can offer more insights here, the next time she comes online.

You need to know that our downloads are meant to be used on Windows OS in the first place. And as for Mac OS...we used to have a couple of Mac Helpers and even a Moderator, though they all left ages ago. Why.

That "Mac guide" that you probably read, was written by the old Admin, way back in the days as well, so I'm not sure if the instructions are still up-to-date.

So I will leave it at that, I suppose. Sorry I couldn't help further.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection Mac - Installation Issues Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection Mac - Installation Issues

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2019, 02:53

Does it give you an error message? What OS are you on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top