Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 University crashes with CC work around

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 University crashes with CC work around Empty Sims 4 University crashes with CC work around

Post by grieralexander Mon 18 Nov 2019, 03:28

By know, must of us that play The Sims 4 and have updated to University Pack are having quite a few headaches with CC making the game behave in an odd way (crashes to desktop, problems in CAS, not been able to move a family in a lot in which you are using CC, etc. To many it is a nightmare and the last drop that spilled the cup. If you are like me, I have 50GB of CC, sorting through can be a nightmare, literally! The new Sims 4 Studio Console has a cheat that may make all this work less taxing on our nerves. 
First, install Sims 4 Studio, if you do not have it.
Run Sims 4 Studio
Hold: Ctrl Shift C   (a cheat console will pop up)
In that cheat console type: Slot195
Navigate to your mods folder and hit OK (wait) ( If you have a bunch of mods, like me, I recommend to divide your mods in 3 parts, because Sims 4 Studio will crash if you have many mods, like me) WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
It will bring up a list of obsolete mods or non-working mods. Copy and paste that list somewhere where you have easy access to it.
Now go to your mods folder and remove all those mods that are making your game unplayable!
After you are all done, you may play your game again, without CC problems! Dedicated to Carlos

//EDIT

I've been having a lengthy chat with some modders to explain to me, why does this work and what it is, so I can pass it on to you here at G4TW club. For the Sims 4 University pack EA changed a bunch of stuff with the game, one of those things is bone assignment, which is needed for the Sims to interact with world objects (you are following me thus far). EA limited the maximum bone assigment to 195! What does this means for CC makers and users, that anything that has over 195 bone assigment to it, may it be a shower, a sofa, a table or a bed, will not run with the game! Thank you EA for letting us know, before hand Sims 4 University crashes with CC work around 1146282549 . Due to this any time one of this pieces of CC are used, your game will behave in odd ways: from not bean able to move Sims in to a home, old saves will not work and even crashes to desktop. The above cheat using the Sims 4 Studio tool will populate a window with all the obsolete CC that Will Not Work after you apply the University pack. I myself had 195 pieces of CC which included, showers, sinks, beds, bookcases and windows. It would have taken me days to find all these CC, I did it in 50 minutes! You have to manually remove them, but it is worth it. If your CC is merged and you have a backup with all your unmerged CC it is better to use the unmerged ones, although the toll will find the ones even in merged packages, but not all. You will still have to update and find manually any script mods, but let be honest, most of our CC compilation is decor and build and buy items.
Hope many will be able to take advantage of this cheat and save a lot of time and headaches!

[not]Stickied.  Carlos is tha man

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 University crashes with CC work around Empty Re: Sims 4 University crashes with CC work around

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2019, 11:17

Thank you so much! My game would crush if i tried going to the Spice festival. So I did what you suggested (since I have some CC, not much but I do have some), and it turned out that OMSP Shelf was a problem. I deleted it and now everything is fine   Heeeeeey, Macarena! Thank you!!!!  Dedicated to Carlos

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 University crashes with CC work around Empty Re: Sims 4 University crashes with CC work around

Post by grieralexander Mon 18 Nov 2019, 11:57

Milenica wrote:Thank you so much! My game would crush if i tried going to the Spice festival. So I did what you suggested (since I have some CC, not much but I do have some), and it turned out that OMSP Shelf was a problem. I deleted it and now everything is fine   Heeeeeey, Macarena! Thank you!!!!  Dedicated to Carlos
You are welcome, I am glad we could help. Things like OMSP's would have gone unoticed, since they had never given problems throughout all the patches, as well as windows. EA most likely have done some hard-core changes which they forgot to mention to the public. Carlos is tha man
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Nov 2019, 14:14

grieralexander wrote:You are welcome, I am glad we could help. Things like OMSP's would have gone unoticed, since they had never given problems throughout all the patches, as well as windows. EA most likely have done some hard-core changes which they forgot to mention to the public. Carlos is tha man

No word yet about an "emergency patch" from EA.

A sign, that EA will just let modders fix these issues on their own (like with the Sims 4 Studio batch fix)?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 19 Nov 2019, 14:41

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
grieralexander wrote:You are welcome, I am glad we could help. Things like OMSP's would have gone unoticed, since they had never given problems throughout all the patches, as well as windows. EA most likely have done some hard-core changes which they forgot to mention to the public. Carlos is tha man

No word yet about an "emergency patch" from EA.

A sign, that EA will just let modders fix these issues on their own (like with the Sims 4 Studio batch fix)?
According to Sims Guru Nick, he has been singing praises to a certain modder that has a mod similar to what we had in Sims 3, that made it playable, remember?  In his messages he is edging them on to fix the current issues; who knows they join EA, they probably do a better job at it! However, from Sims 3 experience, My cousin Luna use to make top of the line CC and mods and all EA did was copy-cat her ideas, include them in following packs and on top of it they erased her download links, all of them for copyright infringements. If you search sims 4 mods, there is a lot of fixes for EA's bugs that they have not addressed and if you complaint on their social accounts, they blame the mods for everything but the patches consist mainly on what modders have already created mods for.
EA needs someone to come with a Better Sims game to break their monopoly. I loved Sims 3, Sims 4 has been a disappointment, so far, my personal opinion.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Nov 2019, 15:03

grieralexander wrote:
According to Sims Guru Nick, he has been singing praises to a certain modder that has a mod similar to what we had in Sims 3, that made it playable, remember?  In his messages he is edging them on to fix the current issues; who knows they join EA, they probably do a better job at it! However, from Sims 3 experience, My cousin Luna use to make top of the line CC and mods and all EA did was copy-cat her ideas, include them in following packs and on top of it they erased her download links, all of them for copyright infringements. If you search sims 4 mods, there is a lot of fixes for EA's bugs that they have not addressed and if you complaint on their social accounts, they blame the mods for everything but the patches consist mainly on what modders have already created mods for.
EA needs someone to come with a Better Sims game to break their monopoly. I loved Sims 3, Sims 4 has been a disappointment, so far, my personal opinion.

It's a bit like these sports games such as FIFA, Madden, NBA, etc. that get re-hashed every single year, with new/changing team lineups being the main difference in versions. It's always the same game, yet people - or rather small kids - keep buying the stuff. I admit, I myself even got a FIFA 2015 on Origin, for a discount, so I gave it a try. I wasn't too thrilled though, and I've always been more the "Pro Evolution Soccer" player, though I haven't kept up in some time now.

Even if Paralives is ready anytime soon (which I doubt), The Sims will remain The Sims. Though I suspect they will come up with some kind of online-play or at least co-op element, in The Sims 5.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Nov 2019, 15:00

Topic (temporarily?) moved to "The Sims 4 Tips & Tricks".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top