Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Complete Collection installation, problem with Mansions & Gardens. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection installation, problem with Mansions & Gardens. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 2 Complete Collection installation, problem with Mansions & Gardens. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2019, 22:02

Hello,

so I reinstalled my system a while ago and wanted to reinstall The Sims 2. The installtion went fine, until I tried to install Mansions & Gardens. I keep getting the error "the update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate.". After that, the stuff packs uninstalls itself. Well, I used to have the same problem before, but with other packs when trying to install sims 2 (I even posted here before trying to get help) and then it worked. So now I looked up my previous post and do the stuff someone suggested in there (my previous solution was just deleting items in the Temp folder or so) but it didn't work, and I tried looking up the same problem on these forums and tried the solutions there, but alas.

So to sum up what I tried already:
- deleting stuff from Temp folder
- deleting some folders in regedit as suggested in some post (the thing is, the folers mentioned in that post weren't even in my regedit..)
- tried to delete some folder inside InstallShield folder, which I also don't have
- reinstalled Apartment Life

Nothing works, and I'm out of ideas. Please help.

Cheers,

Sharkie

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection installation, problem with Mansions & Gardens. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collection installation, problem with Mansions & Gardens. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 Dec 2019, 07:09

Sharkie wrote:Hello,

so I reinstalled my system a while ago and wanted to reinstall The Sims 2. The installtion went fine, until I tried to install Mansions & Gardens. I keep getting the error "the update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate.". After that, the stuff packs uninstalls itself. Well, I used to have the same problem before, but with other packs when trying to install sims 2 (I even posted here before trying to get help) and then it worked. So now I looked up my previous post and do the stuff someone suggested in there (my previous solution was just deleting items in the Temp folder or so) but it didn't work, and I tried looking up the same problem on these forums and tried the solutions there, but alas.

So to sum up what I tried already:
- deleting stuff from Temp folder
- deleting some folders in regedit as suggested in some post (the thing is, the folers mentioned in that post weren't even in my regedit..)
- tried to delete some folder inside InstallShield folder, which I also don't have
- reinstalled Apartment Life

Nothing works, and I'm out of ideas. Please help.

Cheers,

Sharkie

Hello again,

So one thing I can think of is that you should try editing these folder permissions, as they are known to cause various hiccups across many different Sims games. See for example the older topic here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

Edit the folder permissions for whatever the folder path is, where you are trying to install the game. Start with the path C:\Program Files (x86), I suppose. 

There is another possibility which I myself use, but which is considered somewhat dicey ("because it conveys security risk", according to various self-appointed computer experts on the web):
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10

But this method will basically solve all of these folder permission and UAC-related problems, so you don't have to worry about them anymore. Makes using Windows 10 so much easier and smoother. But up to you. As hinted above, you can edit folder permissions individually and manually, under a "normal" Windows account too.

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection installation, problem with Mansions & Gardens. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collection installation, problem with Mansions & Gardens. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2019, 09:40

Hi, so the second option seemed nice, but sadly apparently I don't have the secpol.msc and after googling it I found out I don't have the right Windows 10. So I tried the first option, but I still can't install the stuff pack and I get the exact same error, that it can't be updated and will now terminate. Do you have any other ideas or is it now just a matter of full reinstall?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 Dec 2019, 23:44

Sharkie wrote:Hi, so the second option seemed nice, but sadly apparently I don't have the secpol.msc and after googling it I found out I don't have the right Windows 10. So I tried the first option, but I still can't install the stuff pack and I get the exact same error, that it can't be updated and will now terminate. Do you have any other ideas or is it now just a matter of full reinstall?

Have you also tried re-extracting the contents of the .rar download (into a fresh folder)? Then try re-starting the installation from the freshly-extracted files. Another thought, if you still have the torrent as "seeding" in your torrent client, try doing a "Force Re-check". Then re-extract once more, and try re-starting the install.

On a related note, try avoiding uTorrent, if that is your torrent program. Use something like qBittorrent, Tixati, Deluge or Transmission instead.

If all else fails, I would advise you grab "The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection" from the page here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t53-all-games4theworld-downloads

Read the instructions carefully there, because the install process is different there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2019, 00:15

Hey, so I just reinstalled my whole game before trying any other option and that seemed to work this time. The installation now went smooth, without any problem. I have no idea why now it went well, but I'm happy.

Thanks for all your help, gh0stm4n!

Cheers,

Sharkie

[not]Solved and closed. Carlos is tha man

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top