Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Access to the Sims 3 Exchange?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Access to the Sims 3 Exchange? Empty Access to the Sims 3 Exchange?

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2019, 01:49

Merry Christmas.

After two years, I have completed a revised and updated expansion of the best "Sims III" World ever made. The original was called the "Undercity Ghetto". After officially uploading it, I tried to post it on your Exchange. It told me that access was denied because I needed special permissions to use it. Following your Contact instructions, I tried messaging Ghost Writer, only to be told that he does not accept any form of Private Messages.

I am asking it here. I humbly request the authority needed to post on the Games For the World Exchange, that I may share with you the fruits of my labor.

Thank you. I tip my fedora.

Merry Christmas,
-TURTLESHROOM

Back to top Go down

Access to the Sims 3 Exchange? Empty Re: Access to the Sims 3 Exchange?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Dec 2019, 02:01

TurtleShroom wrote:Merry Christmas.

After two years, I have completed a revised and updated expansion of the best "Sims III" World ever made. The original was called the "Undercity Ghetto". After officially uploading it, I tried to post it on your Exchange. It told me that access was denied because I needed special permissions to use it. Following your Contact instructions, I tried messaging Ghost Writer, only to be told that he does not accept any form of Private Messages.

I am asking it here. I humbly request the authority needed to post on the Games For the World Exchange, that I may share with you the fruits of my labor.

Thank you. I tip my fedora.

Merry Christmas,
-TURTLESHROOM

//MOVED

A Merry Christmas to you and your family/friends as well, first off. Smile  

Now back to your question(s). We have implemented some changes to the Forum compared to former times. Since the sections were starting to get abused for clout-chasing purposes (a.k.a. people posting "visit my blog/website to grab CC"), we've blocked normal users from posting directly in them.

But you apparently found your way to the "Writer's Corner here", so feel free to post your creations in a topic here, after which we will move the topic to the Exchange. Just click on the button "Open a new topic" in this Writer's Corner and do your thing.

I'm aware this is an awkward setup, but we don't allow clout-chasing on our platform. If people want to advertise their own platforms, then by all means they can edit their Forum profile here and put a link on their "Contact"-page, or I would also accept a non-intrusive signature link. But not more than that. Then again, I myself am not as liberal in that regard, as the old Admin & his staff back then were. Smile  

Additional hint: in order to streamline communications, I've indeed disabled my PMs on the Forum here. People would just switch back-and-forth between e-mails and PMs, messages would get "lost", you get the idea. Using the Protonmail (which is my service) is generally a lot easier for me than getting back to Forum PMs, because I can do so on my smartphone. This is the red mail button under my signature, by the way.

Red star from Carlos

Edit: I moved your topic under "Site Navigation / Suggestions" !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top