Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think there is data missing from the 70's 80's & 90's stuff download. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I think there is data missing from the 70's 80's & 90's stuff download. [SOLVED] Empty I think there is data missing from the 70's 80's & 90's stuff download. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2019, 10:59

Hi all!

I've played with your complete collection download for years, and I thank you for that. I've never had a single problem with any of the games up until now, and I'm assuming this isn't a mistake made by EA. The music included in this pack seems to be completely missing from the game. It is supposed to include three new radio stations, all of which show up in the music preview menu, but there is only silence when previewing the tracks. This is very saddening as the music is all Sims 1 music, arguably the only music in the game that I would actually listen to. I've looked over the fullbuild file and I cannot see any _AUD resources at all, so I'm guessing that they were somehow lost?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Back to top Go down

I think there is data missing from the 70's 80's & 90's stuff download. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I think there is data missing from the 70's 80's & 90's stuff download. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Dec 2019, 07:58

marinawoo wrote:Hi all!

I've played with your complete collection download for years, and I thank you for that. I've never had a single problem with any of the games up until now, and I'm assuming this isn't a mistake made by EA. The music included in this pack seems to be completely missing from the game. It is supposed to include three new radio stations, all of which show up in the music preview menu, but there is only silence when previewing the tracks. This is very saddening as the music is all Sims 1 music, arguably the only music in the game that I would actually listen to. I've looked over the fullbuild file and I cannot see any _AUD resources at all, so I'm guessing that they were somehow lost?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @marinawoo,

I checked my actual installation of TS3, which is based on G4TW's "The Sims 3 - The Complete Collection". I looked under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 70's 80's 90's Stuff\GameData\Shared\Packages and the FullBuild_p17.package. Sims 3 Package Editor indeed doesn't show and _AUD resources. 

Maybe those resources are stored in some other file though? I'm not so good with the technicalities of The Sims 3. 

Edit: so I quickly booted up the game, and it's the Disco, Pop & Rap stations, right? Because each song (when I was in the preview) worked fine for me. So I don't know. If it bothers you and you want to do some tinkering, try un-installing the base game-portion of The Sims 3, using for example "Your Un-Installer Pro", from G4TW's download list. Un-install only that base game, using "Super Mode", and when you're done re-boot the PC.

Re-install your TS3 base game. Re-apply the 1.67 manual patcher, and finally re-apply the 1.67 Ultimate Fix. See if that maybe helps. Good luck for now!

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I think there is data missing from the 70's 80's & 90's stuff download. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I think there is data missing from the 70's 80's & 90's stuff download. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2019, 11:10

Hi there!

I completely reinstalled the entire game as simply reinstalling the pack didn't seem to help. It works now though, so I'm not sure what was wrong. After some more poking around, it seems that the music is found in the pack's delta package. Aren't those patches for packs? In that case, maybe they did forget to include the music in the first place. Who knows. Thank you for the help! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Dec 2019, 16:40

marinawoo wrote:Hi there!

I completely reinstalled the entire game as simply reinstalling the pack didn't seem to help. It works now though, so I'm not sure what was wrong. After some more poking around, it seems that the music is found in the pack's delta package. Aren't those patches for packs? In that case, maybe they did forget to include the music in the first place. Who knows. Thank you for the help! Smile

Interesting, but glad to hear you managed to fix it. Very Happy

It's worth noting at this point that these Sims 3 repacks from G4TW were done by the old Admin, who (if my recollection does not fail me now) extracted these game files from retail CDs/DVDs of these Sims 3 games. It's rather unlikely that files would get somehow lost when repacking these things, but of course, you can't rule it out 100% either, which is why I went ahead myself and tested it, in this instance.

Have fun with the game and feel free to get back to us again, anytime! Problem solved and topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top