Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endless Loading then Error with Linkvertise *With ExpressVPN*.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Endless Loading then Error with Linkvertise *With ExpressVPN*. Empty Endless Loading then Error with Linkvertise *With ExpressVPN*.

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jan 2020, 23:50

Hello! 
I've recently been trying to download the Sims 4 Expansion packs/Game packs however with the new Linkvertise way It never fully completes for me. (I fully support you guys wanting to monetize your downloads and I don't want to blame Linkvertise!)

When I click the magnet icon it takes me to the landing page and I click "Discover Interesting Articles" wait for that to allow me to exit then move to the next screen where I have to wait 15 seconds then move forward from that page as well, but after that the page just endlessly loads and I'm never given a file. I do use a paid subscription of ExpressVPN when dealing with torrents as of recently, I used to not care, but I feel better using one while torrenting. Out of curiosity I tried to download the same torrent file without my VPN and was able to make it all the way through. Is it not recommended to use a VPN while we first access the file to add it to our computer, and then turn on the VPN before we start actually downloading the torrent? I attached a picture error below what I got after waiting. At first, the Linkvertise logo was just spinning in the middle of the screen then it changed to this:

Endless Loading then Error with Linkvertise *With ExpressVPN*. G4tw_e10

Back to top Go down

Endless Loading then Error with Linkvertise *With ExpressVPN*. Empty Re: Endless Loading then Error with Linkvertise *With ExpressVPN*.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Jan 2020, 00:03

Hello @mlmills98 and I'm sorry to hear that,

Yes, someone reported something along those lines, the last time we released a patch. But at the time you would not even get the chance to click on the interesting articles, because it would prompt you to turn off the VPN. Your problem seems different, but nonetheless known.

So before I get to the really interesting part for you, let me say that I'm sure that ExpressVPN is good (I mean, it must be, for the price that it costs...). But it is not among those services which we recommend/endorse on G4TW here (ProtonVPN, NordVPN, VPN.ac, Windscribe). But please, don't just switch VPN services because I give you, what is just a little better than a personal opinion.

See, one of the problems with these mainstream VPN services is that they tend to be overprotective. They have these built-in "adblocking" features, that can apparently influence the Linkvertise as well. But again, please don't just switch services because of what I just said. I personally would not buy ExpressVPN, but that doesn't have to mean or imply anything, for any other person.

So, the problem has less to do with using a VPN, but rather with certain features of a VPN (ad-blocking). I use ProtonVPN and have no problems whatsoever with getting through the Linkvertise.

Now to the meat (you were surely waiting for that now Very Happy ), I can also forward you ad-free links through e-mail, if you tell me exactly what you are missing. Yes, we need the revenue, and yes, I posted that unpleasant "extra note" under Ann's announcement. But that doesn't mean I can't be human, and make exceptions accordingly. I very frequently give these passes to users, because there's always that type of issue with Linkvertise.

So if you let me know what torrents you need or desire, I shall do some (black) magic.

Red star from Carlos

Edit: you can also e-mail me, using the red button under my Forum signature.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Endless Loading then Error with Linkvertise *With ExpressVPN*. Empty Re: Re: Endless Loading then Error with Linkvertise *With ExpressVPN*.

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 04:19

Hello,

Thank you for your timely response. I was able to get most of them by turning off my VPN to access them through Linkvertise but them turning it back on once I initially started to download everything, but I would much rather send you the ones I need to finish off my installation  Oh my... I don't want to risk getting a letter from my university cutting off my internet for "suspicious activity". I appreciate your advice about ProtonVPN! I think I might want to try it out considering that ExpressVPN was an impulse buy for me to protect myself, haha and the price is on the high side after seeing what the market is about  Shocked Again, thank you for working with me! Should I email you the ones I need or send them on this thread?

Back to top Go down

Endless Loading then Error with Linkvertise *With ExpressVPN*. Empty Re: Endless Loading then Error with Linkvertise *With ExpressVPN*.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Jan 2020, 15:40

mlmills98 wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your timely response. I was able to get most of them by turning off my VPN to access them through Linkvertise but them turning it back on once I initially started to download everything, but I would much rather send you the ones I need to finish off my installation  Oh my... I don't want to risk getting a letter from my university cutting off my internet for "suspicious activity". I appreciate your advice about ProtonVPN! I think I might want to try it out considering that ExpressVPN was an impulse buy for me to protect myself, haha and the price is on the high side after seeing what the market is about  Shocked Again, thank you for working with me! Should I email you the ones I need or send them on this thread?

Hello again,

Yes, you can also e-mail me (as I was going to e-mail you back anyways). Please let me know what the "latest" update or DLC is that you have installed, according to the TS4 Must-Read:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly-latest-version-1-59-73-1020-1-59-73-1520

And then which stuff you are missing. We'll work out something.

Red mail button under my signature. Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 21:30

Got it! I sent you an email  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Jan 2020, 21:53

mlmills98 wrote:Got it! I sent you an email  Smile

Replied.

Make The Forum Great Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top