Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I uninstall version 1.67?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I uninstall version 1.67? Empty How do I uninstall version 1.67?

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2020, 00:33

It now wont let me install game though the setup because 1.67 it too high so how do I uninstall 1.67?

Back to top Go down

How do I uninstall version 1.67? Empty Re: How do I uninstall version 1.67?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Jan 2020, 18:29

aturchomicz wrote:It now wont let me install game though the setup because 1.67 it too high so how do I uninstall 1.67?

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @aturchomicz,

What does the error message exactly say, can you replicate a screenshot or just post the text wording here? Because 1.67 cannot be "too high", as it is the last normal patch available for the game. The only other patch is 1.69, only available through Origin. The 1.69 patch is NOT needed, and in fact I do not recommend using it at all.

Can you try ignoring that "error message" and just continue with the installation?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2020, 23:21

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
aturchomicz wrote:It now wont let me install game though the setup because 1.67 it too high so how do I uninstall 1.67?

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @aturchomicz,

What does the error message exactly say, can you replicate a screenshot or just post the text wording here? Because 1.67 cannot be "too high", as it is the last normal patch available for the game. The only other patch is 1.69, only available through Origin. The 1.69 patch is NOT needed, and in fact I do not recommend using it at all.

Can you try ignoring that "error message" and just continue with the installation?
It just closes the Installer https://imgur.com/a/hVr9WJD

How do I uninstall version 1.67? 2I6bZLy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Jan 2020, 23:25

Hold up, what exactly are you trying to install? An expansion or stuffpack?

Because from the screenshot it looks like for some reason you are trying to re-install (?) the base game, which is not needed? Or maybe you had the base game installed earlier on that computer, and it was not properly un-installed?

Please clarify what exactly you are trying to do. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2020, 21:42

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hold up, what exactly are you trying to install? An expansion or stuffpack?

Because from the screenshot it looks like for some reason you are trying to re-install (?) the base game, which is not needed? Or maybe you had the base game installed earlier on that computer, and it was not properly un-installed?

Please clarify what exactly you are trying to do. Smile
Well then how do I uninstall the old sim 3 files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2020, 22:00

The_gh0stm4n wrote:hmmm?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 21 Jan 2020, 22:12

aturchomicz wrote:hmmm?

You will in that case have to resort to manually un-installing any remaining files/folders/registry entries. I've written this piece here, a while back:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

But I'm sure with some search you can find other guides on the internet as well. But basically, the manual procedure is always the same, no matter where the guide is posted.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2020, 23:09

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
aturchomicz wrote:hmmm?

You will in that case have to resort to manually un-installing any remaining files/folders/registry entries. I've written this piece here, a while back:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

But I'm sure with some search you can find other guides on the internet as well. But basically, the manual procedure is always the same, no matter where the guide is posted.
Windows blocks the download section because it can contain bad software, what should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 21 Jan 2020, 23:14

aturchomicz wrote:Windows blocks the download section because it can contain bad software, what should I do?

You mean that website where you can download "Your Un-installer Pro"? That's the old website. And yes, you should unblock it. I cannot tell you how exactly to do it, look around the available options. Feel free to do a search on the internet.

But since you did not actually install any of the items, you can also proceed to the part where you need to manually remove/delete the stuff.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2020, 15:09

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
aturchomicz wrote:Windows blocks the download section because it can contain bad software, what should I do?

You mean that website where you can download "Your Un-installer Pro"? That's the old website. And yes, you should unblock it. I cannot tell you how exactly to do it, look around the available options. Feel free to do a search on the internet.

But since you did not actually install any of the items, you can also proceed to the part where you need to manually remove/delete the stuff.
Ok thanks that worked! Now how do I install the rest of the Store Collection? When I put the 4 folders into the "The Sims 3" folder and then open up the launcher it only displays all the worlds plus their special items but not the rest of the normal Store items

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2020, 16:53

Oh I missed the extra step of making a fake save before continuing, thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2020, 17:04

Actually now it says that it cant acces the License Servers and it says I need to wait a few minutes, what should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 22 Jan 2020, 20:29

aturchomicz wrote:Actually now it says that it cant acces the License Servers and it says I need to wait a few minutes, what should I do?

Let's keep all discussions in only one thread (I'll delete your new post, shortly).

Not so sure what could be the problem. Have you tried installing an expansion or stuffpack, in addition to your basegame? Did you then also apply the 1.67 manual patch and Ultimate Fix, as outlined here?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2020, 22:04

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
aturchomicz wrote:Actually now it says that it cant acces the License Servers and it says I need to wait a few minutes, what should I do?

Let's keep all discussions in only one thread (I'll delete your new post, shortly).

Not so sure what could be the problem. Have you tried installing an expansion or stuffpack, in addition to your basegame? Did you then also apply the 1.67 manual patch and Ultimate Fix, as outlined here?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Ok that seemed to do nothing, gonna uninstall everything now and then install everything again but this time not onto my ssd because that seemed to cause the problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2020, 22:55

How do I insert disk 1 when it asks me to do it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2020, 16:23

Ok so the last problem seems to be that the game just gives me an error on Start up saying that it cant connect to the License Servers, how do I fix this?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Jan 2020, 23:35

aturchomicz wrote:How do I insert disk 1 when it asks me to do it?

aturchomicz wrote:Ok so the last problem seems to be that the game just gives me an error on Start up saying that it cant connect to the License Servers, how do I fix this?

Honestly, not sure what's going on. You didn't directly say so, but I assume for now that you actually downloaded these expansions from G4TW. If that is the case, you have .rar files, tjhat are to be extracted with WinRAR. Please make sure to extract each DLC (expansion/stuffpack), into a separate folder, and then start the installation of each DLC, from each folder separately.

Also, I don't recommend that you choose a custom location for installing these items, for this reason here.

As for the licence server thing, you MUST install at least one expansion or stuffpack, in addition to the base game, after which you must utilize the "Ultimate Fix" as outlined in the guide that I linked, in my previous reply. I also recommend that you start the game with the TS3W.exe, located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2020, 20:54

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
aturchomicz wrote:How do I insert disk 1 when it asks me to do it?

aturchomicz wrote:Ok so the last problem seems to be that the game just gives me an error on Start up saying that it cant connect to the License Servers, how do I fix this?

Honestly, not sure what's going on. You didn't directly say so, but I assume for now that you actually downloaded these expansions from G4TW. If that is the case, you have .rar files, tjhat are to be extracted with WinRAR. Please make sure to extract each DLC (expansion/stuffpack), into a separate folder, and then start the installation of each DLC, from each folder separately.

Also, I don't recommend that you choose a custom location for installing these items, for this reason here.

As for the licence server thing, you MUST install at least one expansion or stuffpack, in addition to the base game, after which you must utilize the "Ultimate Fix" as outlined in the guide that I linked, in my previous reply. I also recommend that you start the game with the TS3W.exe, located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
Hmm so I havent yet done the Ultimate Fix but in wich folder should the Expansions go? Because right now its just giving me an error in the main menu that no expanion pack disc has been found

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2020, 21:30

Ok done the ultimate fix it seemed to make things worse? Now the laquncer is just giving me an error on startup

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jan 2020, 23:12

aturchomicz wrote:Hmm so I havent yet done the Ultimate Fix but in wich folder should the Expansions go? Because right now its just giving me an error in the main menu that no expanion pack disc has been found

If you start the installer of an expansion or stuffpack, then it will automatically go under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts.

aturchomicz wrote:Ok done the ultimate fix it seemed to make things worse? Now the laquncer is just giving me an error on startup

That means, you did not install properly, but that's OK. Please understand that at this point I can't really help further here. If you absolutely want to play a cracked (free) Sims 3 game, then purge your current installation again, and grab a new torrent here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t53-all-games4theworld-downloads#

Under the section The Sims 3, if you like, grab the torrent "The Sims 3 - The Complete Collection (new version with all-in-one installer)". This torrent used a modified all-in-one installer, that will hopefully work better for you. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top