Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes seconds after startup. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes seconds after startup. [SOLVED] Empty Game crashes seconds after startup. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2020, 03:52

I just got "The Sims 4 Tiny Living Stuff Pack 1.60.54.1020" (https://thesimarchitect.com/the-sims-4-tiny-living-all-in-one-portable-download-install/#) and the game essentially crashes on launch. Initially it wouldn't start at all because it was missing the OrangeEmu64.dll file, so I got a download from the G4TW website with a replacement Game folder which fixed that issue. But now when I launch the game, it only shows the EA logo and the plumbob rolling across the screen before abruptly crashing. It gives no error messages, the program doesn't stop responding, it just instantly terminates. I commented on Sim Architect's site to ask for help but those tips did not work (Windows and drivers appear to be up to date, I have no mods or CC, and I made a few changes to the Options.ini file) and it still crashes. Any ideas for what to do?? I've tried searching online but can't find applicable advice and I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions correctly so I'm really at a loss here. Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Game crashes seconds after startup. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes seconds after startup. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Feb 2020, 20:46

Kithie wrote:I just got "The Sims 4 Tiny Living Stuff Pack 1.60.54.1020" (https://thesimarchitect.com/the-sims-4-tiny-living-all-in-one-portable-download-install/#) and the game essentially crashes on launch. Initially it wouldn't start at all because it was missing the OrangeEmu64.dll file, so I got a download from the G4TW website with a replacement Game folder which fixed that issue. But now when I launch the game, it only shows the EA logo and the plumbob rolling across the screen before abruptly crashing. It gives no error messages, the program doesn't stop responding, it just instantly terminates. I commented on Sim Architect's site to ask for help but those tips did not work (Windows and drivers appear to be up to date, I have no mods or CC, and I made a few changes to the Options.ini file) and it still crashes. Any ideas for what to do?? I've tried searching online but can't find applicable advice and I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions correctly so I'm really at a loss here. Thanks in advance!

Hello @Kithie and welcome to the G4TW Forums,

Try actually deleting your entire "Game"-subfolder (if you haven't already done it that way), and re-inserting the G4TW Game-subfolder included in Tiny Living. Are you also positive you are using the TS4_x64.exe, for starting up the game?

Please also review - if you haven't done so already - the system requirements for the game:
https://www.origin.com/esp/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-tiny-living#store-page-section-requirements

That's all for now, please let us know if any of the above yielded any difference. If not, we'll keep looking for a solution. Good luck for now!

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game crashes seconds after startup. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes seconds after startup. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2020, 21:45

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Hello @Kithie and welcome to the G4TW Forums,

Try actually deleting your entire "Game"-subfolder (if you haven't already done it that way), and re-inserting the G4TW Game-subfolder included in Tiny Living. Are you also positive you are using the TS4_x64.exe, for starting up the game?

Please also review - if you haven't done so already - the system requirements for the game:
https://www.origin.com/esp/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-tiny-living#store-page-section-requirements

That's all for now, please let us know if any of the above yielded any difference. If not, we'll keep looking for a solution. Good luck for now!

Cookie from Carlos
Thank you for the response Smile When you say to insert the Game-subfolder included in Tiny Living, which one do you mean/where do I find it? I believe the one I got before when I was missing the .dll-file was the one linked here, is that correct? https://www.games4theworld.club/t32946-orangeemu64-ll-not-found-game-not-starting-solved

As for system requirements I'm afraid I'm not particularly knowledgeable about computer hardware so it's a bit hard for me to tell, but what comes to mind is that maybe my video card is just kinda garbage so the fact that the drivers are up to date doesn't help? I didn't think this would be an issue as I bought my new laptop only back in December and kind of assumed it would be good enough, particularly since my previous laptop was ancient and could still run TS4, but a few weeks ago I was playing WoW and it warned me about my subpar video card so now I'm a bit concerned about that! (WoW could run though, it just gave me a warning on startup, and I have been playing TS3 a lot which works fine) I don't know much about it but in Device Manager it says it's called "AMD Radeon R7 Graphics" if that tells you anything. I would never have imagined my new laptop would have a worse card than my old one which practically looked like a WWII tank but maybe that's it?

Thank you so much for your helpfulness!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2020, 21:54

I'm reading through the "full" instructions (https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly-latest-version-1-60-54-1020-1-60-54-1520) and there is definitely a lot removing the Game-folder going on there. I kind of assumed that getting the all in one thing would eliminate such extra steps, but can I kinda just skip to the last one (Tiny Living) and install that as instructed, would that potentially fix it? Or is that not compatible with the all in one pack from Sim Architect?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Feb 2020, 02:44

If you grabbed Sim Architect's All-In-One, then you DON'T need to mess with the "TS4 Must-Read Guide". In fact, we have already implemented a new format of TS4 repacks, that we urge especially new users to grab (see the updated bold green notice on top of the TS4 Must-Read).

You can still delete your "Game"-subfolder, and then grab the one from Tiny Living, which I just uploaded here:
Code:
https://tinyurl.com/u2ncmrq

Sorry, I misread your comment before, but somehow I assumed you also grabbed the Tiny Living release from G4TW, but let's forget about that for now. So try the Gem-subfolder I linked above and report back.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2020, 03:21

The_gh0stm4n wrote:If you grabbed Sim Architect's All-In-One, then you DON'T need to mess with the "TS4 Must-Read Guide". In fact, we have already implemented a new format of TS4 repacks, that we urge especially new users to grab (see the updated bold green notice on top of the TS4 Must-Read).

You can still delete your "Game"-subfolder, and then grab the one from Tiny Living, which I just uploaded here:
Code:
https://tinyurl.com/u2ncmrq

Sorry, I misread your comment before, but somehow I assumed you also grabbed the Tiny Living release from G4TW, but let's forget about that for now. So try the Gem-subfolder I linked above and report back.
Everything seems to be working now, thank you so so much!! Very Happy I deleted the existing Game-folder and replaced it with the one you linked, like you said. The game starts up properly now, and I also went ahead and quickly created a random sim, placed them in the world and checked out build/buy mode just to see if everything seems to be working, and no issues that I can see! Once again thank you so much for your helpfulness Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Feb 2020, 03:25

Kithie wrote:Everything seems to be working now, thank you so so much!! Very Happy I deleted the existing Game-folder and replaced it with the one you linked, like you said. The game starts up properly now, and I also went ahead and quickly created a random sim, placed them in the world and checked out build/buy mode just to see if everything seems to be working, and no issues that I can see! Once again thank you so much for your helpfulness Smile

No worries, that's what we do on here. Glad to hear this little trick seemed to work for you, and I'm sure it will help others as well. I shall also inform Sim Architect about this issue.

Feel free to check back on G4TW whenever you need more Support, on anything we can help with! Just open a new topic then. Problem solved, and topic closed!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top