Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't know how to fix this graphics error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't know how to fix this graphics error Empty Don't know how to fix this graphics error

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2020, 11:17

It's winter and my game started looking like this suddendly. Basically all the lots are white on the ground, the trees are white, the rest is green. I don't have any cc/mods installed. I tried restarting the game but that didn't work either. How do I fix this? WhatDidUJustCallMe? Don't know how to fix this graphics error Screen10

//EDIT

I am trying to change the memory usage limit in the Sims3.ini file so that sims 3 uses more of my ram than 2 gb. However, when I try to save the settings it says I am not allowed to open the file since I need to ask the owner of the file or administrator. How do I fix this? I am the administrator on my computer. I'm using the complete collection from Mr DJ. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Don't know how to fix this graphics error Empty Re: Don't know how to fix this graphics error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Feb 2020, 23:16

Sorry for the belated response @mochicakes99,

Forget that Sims3.ini file for the moment. If you have a 64-bit Windows operating system, and a computer with at least 4GB of RAM (preferably 8GB of RAM), then you can also download this little tool here ("4GB patch"):
Code:
https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

Double-click on the tool, and navigate to your TS3W.exe, typically located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Choose the TS3W.exe and then wait for the message "executable successfully patched". Your game should then use more of your available RAM, thereby increasing your game's performance.

As for your screenshot, it's essentially a delay in rendering textures/meshes. Even with a very strong gaming computer you can have these issues. As hinted, using that 4GB patch can help increase game performance. But keep in mind the game is poorly optimized, so certain hiccups can't be easily eliminated.

Good luck! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top