Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install other worlds, help! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install other worlds, help! [SOLVED] Empty Can't install other worlds, help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2020, 17:22

greetings;

I recently downloaded the sims3 all in one installer from here, and then proceeded to download the neighbourhoods but couldn't, 
if you know a way to fix this please let me know.

and here's everything I've done:

ps. I can't install w/ launcher since the game is all in one.

-tried installing via cc magic, (enabled, moved from default to custom category, rebuilt, refreshed) not worked.

-tried extracting with sims 3 pack multi extracter and then copy pasted the package files to the ea's sims 3 mods>packages, not worked.

that's all, I really don't know what else to do...

thank you.

Back to top Go down

Can't install other worlds, help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install other worlds, help! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Feb 2020, 02:16

0ddpill wrote:greetings;

I recently downloaded the sims3 all in one installer from here, and then proceeded to download the neighbourhoods but couldn't, 
if you know a way to fix this please let me know.

and here's everything I've done:

ps. I can't install w/ launcher since the game is all in one.

-tried installing via cc magic, (enabled, moved from default to custom category, rebuilt, refreshed) not worked.

-tried extracting with sims 3 pack multi extracter and then copy pasted the package files to the ea's sims 3 mods>packages, not worked.

that's all, I really don't know what else to do...

thank you.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @0ddpill,

This here is the best advice I can give you:
Code:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Installing_Worlds_Without_The_Launcher

This All-In-One repack was done by a former guest contributor on here (I won't mention his name because I'm not giving him any additional clout), and let's say it's not very good. Granted it's "easier to install", but these modified installers for The Sims 3 tend to be crappy.

The normal G4TW items of The Sims 3 are all based on original retail discs, and work flawlessly. At the expense, of course, of having to install them individually, one-by-one. 

You can use the method shown above to install worlds, because it's really the only instance where the launcher is needed. The regular Sims 3 store compilation from G4TW can be installed without the launcher (minus the included worlds), because everything is in .package file format.

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't install other worlds, help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install other worlds, help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2020, 18:09

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @0ddpill,

This here is the best advice I can give you:
Code:
example

This All-In-One repack was done by a former guest contributor on here (I won't mention his name because I'm not giving him any additional clout), and let's say it's not very good. Granted it's "easier to install", but these modified installers for The Sims 3 tend to be crappy.

The normal G4TW items of The Sims 3 are all based on original retail discs, and work flawlessly. At the expense, of course, of having to install them individually, one-by-one. 

You can use the method shown above to install worlds, because it's really the only instance where the launcher is needed. The regular Sims 3 store compilation from G4TW can be installed without the launcher (minus the included worlds), because everything is in .package file format.

Cookie from Carlos

Thank you for the welcome, I also followed the guide and it worked! ^_^

Gatekeeper Edit: solved and closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top