Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing TS4 on a Mac alongside Origin version.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing TS4 on a Mac alongside Origin version. Empty Installing TS4 on a Mac alongside Origin version.

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2020, 20:03

Ok, so this is for my sister-in-law who owns ts4 and a couple packs from Origin, but wants to pirate the rest.
I read this thread about using both versions:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

But it only mentions renaming the Documents folder?
Wouldn't she need to also rename "The Sims 4" folder in her Program Files/Applications folder as well?

Sorry if it's obvious, I just need to double-check everything, as she's overseas and not that tech-savvy tongue

I'm using The Sim Architect's All-in-One version, if that makes any difference.

Back to top Go down

Installing TS4 on a Mac alongside Origin version. Empty Re: Installing TS4 on a Mac alongside Origin version.

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2020, 20:07

Oh, I just remembered another thing.

The Sim Architect includes some C# Runtime Libraries to install. 
Should she use those or not, since she's using Mac?

Back to top Go down

Installing TS4 on a Mac alongside Origin version. Empty Re: Installing TS4 on a Mac alongside Origin version.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Feb 2020, 21:27

//MOVED

Hello again,

I moved your topic to the Mac Support. You should check out these topics:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34470-wineskin-wrapper-for-the-sims-4-introduction-basics
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35699-the-sims-4-discovery-university-for-mac-new-wrapper-anadius-fix

I can't really comment on specifics, since we are unable to give any official Mac Support (and pretty much everything we do is geared towards Windows users). Maybe @User09 can help you more. But as for the folder-renaming tutorial that you linked above. If you - or your friend - are like me and you know what you're doing, then the tutorial is OK. But the thing is, many people are prone to mistakes, so here'y my suggestion for an updated version of the guide.

Just use one (1) Documents-folder for both the Origin and the cracked game. Whenever a new Origin patch or DLC comes out, do NOT start up Origin and patch the game immediately. Instead, wait until the cracked game catches up to the Origin version, patch-wise. Then you can boot up Origin, download your Gallery items, exit Origin, and then start up the cracked game with no issues whatsoever. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2020, 22:33

Ok, I'll study up in the Mac section (that I'm ashamed to say, I didn't think to look for at first).
And thank you very much for helping me once again!
(you can close this topic now if you want to)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Feb 2020, 22:35

Zoe_Alex123 wrote:Ok, I'll study up in the Mac section (that I'm ashamed to say, I didn't think to look for at first).
And thank you very much for helping me once again!
(you can close this topic now if you want to)

You might have to enlist User09's help later on, so it's probably better to leave the thread open. 

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2020, 22:41

Oh about that, does this work like Discord where I just have to @ them, or will they just magically show up because this is in the Mac section (like you do in the main section)?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Feb 2020, 22:44

Zoe_Alex123 wrote:Oh about that, does this work like Discord where I just have to @ them, or will they just magically show up because this is in the Mac section (like you do in the main section)?

Almost correct. But if a username contains empty spaces and/or other special characters, you have to put the username between quotation marks. Example:

Code:
@"The_gh0stm4n"

Other people can be tagged 'normally':

Code:
@User09
@grieralexander
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2020, 22:50

Oki doki Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2020, 18:52

Sorry, for the delay in showing up, been busy IRL. No need to install any libraries. Just get the wrapper, put the game inside, set the path to start and play. Carlos is tha man

Hope you got it working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top