Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Launcher is gone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Launcher is gone? Empty The Sims 3 Launcher is gone?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2020, 12:46

Hi! I downloaded The Sims 3 - The complete collection (new version with all-in-one installer) 
The game started without any issues at all.. But I have a question. The game opens just like the Sims 4 version. 
But I remember the Sims 3 having its own little launcher, which I remember was very important for me as I liked to download CC. 

Is there a way to get it back? The launcher was great for getting an overview of installed items, and it also let you install or uninstall items that you did not want. If not, will I be able to download CC?
I tried to download each of the sims 3 games on their own through your site, but Island Paradise is stuck at 0.0%, and to be honest using the one that installs everything is much easier.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Launcher is gone? Empty Re: The Sims 3 Launcher is gone?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Feb 2020, 16:36

marimw wrote:(...) and to be honest using the one that installs everything is much easier.

Hello @marimw,

Look under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Use the Sims3LauncherW.exe, to start the launcher.

If there is no such file there, then ... what can I say? Look at my earlier comment here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35830-can-t-install-other-worlds-help#208915

Good luck!

P.S. the only reason you need the launcher at all is for installing .sims3pack worlds. Other than that you can use CC Magic for installing other .sims3pack files, or grab The Sims 3: The Complete Store Collection, which are .package files that you just need to install like any other mod, under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages (see the guide).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2020, 19:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
marimw wrote:(...) and to be honest using the one that installs everything is much easier.

Hello @marimw,

Look under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Use the Sims3LauncherW.exe, to start the launcher.

If there is no such file there, then ... what can I say? Look at my earlier comment here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35830-can-t-install-other-worlds-help#208915

Good luck!

P.S. the only reason you need the launcher at all is for installing .sims3pack worlds. Other than that you can use CC Magic for installing other .sims3pack files, or grab The Sims 3: The Complete Store Collection, which are .package files that you just need to install like any other mod, under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages (see the guide).
Hello! Thank you so much, it works now! However.. I have another issue. The game is installed in English, and I would prefer to have it in Norwegian. I followed the instrucs by using Registry Editor and chang the local file in the Sims 3 folder to no-NO. When I do this and try to launch Sims 3 it gets stuck with a black screen and I have to force my computer to restart. do you know a way I can change language but still be able to play the game? Before I messed with the local file it worked perfectly without any problems at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Feb 2020, 20:39

If my recollection doesn't fail me now ... it works somewhat differently in TS3, than in TS4 for example.

In TS3 you have to edit the registry entries for not just the base game, but ALL installed DLCs. Since you used that modified installer, I'm not sure how the registry entries are arranged there. But check this out:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t17434-changing-the-display-language-in-the-sims-3

This guide was written for the 'normal' version of TS3 (the one with individual installers). But please try it, maybe there are the same registry entries on your end too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2020, 20:44

The_gh0stm4n wrote:If my recollection doesn't fail me now ... it works somewhat differently in TS3, than in TS4 for example.

In TS3 you have to edit the registry entries for not just the base game, but ALL installed DLCs. Since you used that modified installer, I'm not sure how the registry entries are arranged there. But check this out:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t17434-changing-the-display-language-in-the-sims-3

This guide was written for the 'normal' version of TS3 (the one with individual installers). But please try it, maybe there are the same registry entries on your end too.
Thank you for your quick reply. I tried what you suggested but sadly I am still unable to make the game open and work.Thank you for trying to help though!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Feb 2020, 20:51

marimw wrote:Thank you for your quick reply. I tried what you suggested but sadly I am still unable to make the game open and work.Thank you for trying to help though!

Try looking around the registry, see if you can find the entries that I've shown above in a different place, and if so, try repeating the procedure there.

Like I've said in the other thread, this is the reason why people should refrain from using these modified installers for TS3. The prospect of a quick and easy installation may seem attractive, but this is (negatively) counterbalanced by the presence of "other difficulties". Such as yours.

With TS4, it literally doesn't matter how or where you get it from. You always end up with the same stuff. TS4 doesn't really need any special registry entries besides the "Locale". But TS3 on the other hand, is a lot more "fragile". You have to install everything in one place, changing the language is trickier, you cannot easily move your installation (unlike TS4), etc.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top