Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues installing Stones Throw Greenhouse.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues installing Stones Throw Greenhouse. Empty Issues installing Stones Throw Greenhouse.

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2020, 01:41

Hi there! Love GFTW and all the Sims 3 downloads Smile I have most of the store content and have never had an issue downloading or installing anything until now - I tried to install the stone's throw greenhouse set and kept getting the "please ensure your game is updated and try again" error message when installing the file via the launcher. I redownloaded the zip file and tried installing via CC Magic, and the venue lot itself shows up in my game, but not the glass roof items in the roof decor section (which is really what I'm after from that set). When I place the lot in a world, everything but the glass roof pieces show up. I used to have this set (downloaded from here) installed in my game and it worked fine, but due to an unrelated issue I had to uninstall / reinstall everything. I confirmed that I do have the store fixes set up correctly and everything, and all of of my other store content downloaded from here works fine. Any tips or ideas for what I might try? 

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Issues installing Stones Throw Greenhouse. Empty Re: Issues installing Stones Throw Greenhouse.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Feb 2020, 22:50

Hello @crashley1784 and sorry for the slightly belated reply,

Are you positive that you downloaded the item(s) from G4TW? If my memory doesn't fail me now, I believe that this error is caused by non-decrapified store content. Which doesn't apply to G4TW's store stuff. Check out this thread here, or simply search on the internet for "Sims 3 Decrapify tool":
https://www.games4theworld.club/t5933-how-to-decrapify-a-sims3pack-file-and-avoid-the-please-update-game-launcher-error

But it's strange, since G4TW's store items are entirely decrapified already. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top