Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this the proper process for installing Sims 3 from scratch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this the proper process for installing Sims 3 from scratch? Empty Is this the proper process for installing Sims 3 from scratch?

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2020, 23:40

Coming back to Sims 3.  New computer (Win10 w/low end graphics card) and fresh install.  Previously bought base game, many packs, and lots of store content, but not everything so now trying everything! Razz   

((Foremost, many many thanks for providing this service -- both the downloads and the forum help.  Amazing effort.))

It seems the *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. guide does not apply to fresh installs if using the All-in-One Complete Collection?

Do I have the following process correct?  (Been reading the forums and Simarchitect's site/videos so much I'm just confusing myself now.)

A.  BASE GAME + PACKS = Download The Sims 3 - The Complete Collection and run it to install.

B.  PREP = Set up MOD framework using This Guide.  (Optionally adding these other related tiny texture mods.)

C.  STORE = Download The Sims 3 - The Complete Store and run it to install.

D.  FIX STORE = Download The Store Fixes and follow the included instructions.

E.  MANAGE CONTENT = Get CC Magic and learn how to use it to combine packages to make TS3 run better and give options for choosing which sets to load.  Might also need Delphy's Extractor and/or s3pe.  (Still very hazy on this part.)

F.  WORLDS/NEIGHBORHOODS + BUILDINGS = Individual downloads in English (missing all Buildings) or all together in Dutch (missing Roaring Heights and several Buildings) or Russian (missing Dr. Pepper Stadium and Industrial Kitchen but otherwise most complete) .  Use the Launcher (need to find forum post explaining that) to install the Worlds.  Use CC Magic (see above) to install Buildings.  The Villa Paraíso Building is weird for some reason and has to be put in the Library folder.

G.  Done?

Some related questions:

1.  If we are using "The Complete Store" install, do we still need to add the Store Fixes?

2.  If we are using "The Complete Store" install, do we still need to add Worlds and Buildings separately?

3.  Does "The Complete Store" install include all the Limited Edition/Bonus Items?

4.  Do we lose anything by having to play "offline"?

5.  I still have a few thousand Simpoints leftover.  They'd be useless now since installed the whole store, right?  

6.  Any reason to "officially" install the base game or packs using the codes I previously bought or would that just interfere without adding any functionality?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top