Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Low Disk Space.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Low Disk Space. Empty The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Low Disk Space.

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2020, 00:23

I was trying to install the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and followed the installation guide perfectly but when I click on the Sims2EP09 crack exe file, it gives me a pop up for the mansions and garden pack, saying I'm out of disk space, which I'm not. I've browsed around and tried different solutions from around here and nothing works. 

I have an EA GAMES folder in my documents but it was labeled The Sims 2, then I renamed it The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, which it looks to have made no difference. It only has a Logs folder, Teleport folder, and a Groups.cache file in there. I honestly don't know what to do now because I've tried reinstalling, downloading DirectX, clearing my Temp folder. 

Here's the popup and my latest install log from the installer folder. I can launch the game but there's no neighborhoods to choose from or anything. It's a blank game, but the package installer and bodyshop seem to work fine. So IDK T-T

I'm also using Windows 7, with an x64 system. 

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Low Disk Space. 110
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Low Disk Space. 210
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Low Disk Space. 310

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Low Disk Space. Empty Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Low Disk Space.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 Mar 2020, 23:19

Hello @Eunhae606,

I believe that is a known problem with TS2 in general. In fact, I would also like to hear about a solution for this, if anybody knows something.

But until then, the best I can suggest for the moment is that you try playing the game. A.k.a. ignore that popup. I've read some years ago that this popup shows up when you reach a certain threshold of occupied space, on the disk where your Documents-folder is located, usually the C: disk. So as soon as a certain percentage of occupied space is reached, the error message is triggered. I would guess that if you "just" freed up enough space, the error message would go away as well. But again, you should be fine with just playing the game.

One more thing: you don't have to rename any folders. When you run the Ultimate Collection the first time, the folder path Documents\EA GAMES\The SimsTM 2 Ultimate Collection is created automatically.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top