Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with custom worlds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with custom worlds Empty Problem with custom worlds

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2020, 01:58

As per instruction I installed them with Launcher. 
(then CCmagic) 

EA worlds load around 2 minutes at first, then it's quicker - even with a lot of CC 

All custom world are not really loading.
I'm waiting 1 hour for each (one could be, two - maybe, five different worlds? hmmm) and in the meantime TS3 just stops responding. Loading is up to... 10% maybe? Something like that. 

I tried medieval ones: glennborough, Cotes d'Ambonnay, Praaven, Entworld and one more, can't remember name atm. 

I tried unpacking sims3pack to packages - still nope.  danger! beware!!

Any help is appreciated

(32gb ram, gtx 2080, SSD with 300GB free space, i9)

Back to top Go down

Problem with custom worlds Empty Re: Problem with custom worlds

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Mar 2020, 04:58

Wamp wrote:As per instruction I installed them with Launcher. 
(then CCmagic) 

EA worlds load around 2 minutes at first, then it's quicker - even with a lot of CC 

All custom world are not really loading.
I'm waiting 1 hour for each (one could be, two - maybe, five different worlds? hmmm) and in the meantime TS3 just stops responding. Loading is up to... 10% maybe? Something like that. 

I tried medieval ones: glennborough, Cotes d'Ambonnay, Praaven, Entworld and one more, can't remember name atm. 

I tried unpacking sims3pack to packages - still nope.  danger! beware!!

Any help is appreciated

(32gb ram, gtx 2080, SSD with 300GB free space, i9)

Welcome to the G4TW Forums @Wamp,

So first of all, you have a beast of a desktop machine. And especially with an SSD, loading into a savefile should go pretty fast. For the moment, the best I can suggest is to try and remove all of your mods. If you already did so, or you don't have mods at all, then look under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 for a file named scriptCache.package. Find such a file and then delete it, and then try reloading into one of these custom worlds.

But even if I am right with my that suspicion, normally you should be facing loading problems with EA worlds as well. But if I understood correctly, the problem on your end occurs only with custom worlds.

I myself don't have much experience with custom worlds. I played a bit with "Union Cove" and another one named "Emporda". No issues whatsoever. As for your case, I'd have to test these worlds myself, that you mentioned, then we'll see. Sorry that for the moment I can't offer a better solution.

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Mar 2020, 00:21

So a quick update on this @Wamp.

I tried that Glennborough world, and initially installed the world + savefile + all the CC .package files that came with the download. I wasn't able to load into the main menu even.

After I removed all the CCs again and cleared cache files, I was able to load into the main menu very quickly as usual, and I also managed to load the actual Glennborough world. So I'm not sure exactly what's going on.

The only explanation I have for now is that it's something in the CCs that causes loading problems. In my own case, I already have a decent amount of other .package file custom content, including the entire Sims 3 store compilation. And there's quite a few CCs that came with Glennborough. That issue could be partially remedied by merging those CCs, for example with Sims 3 package Editor.

The author did not give any special instructions either ... apart from generic advice such as that it's "recommended to use the included CC".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top