Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From where do I download the next patch??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

From where do I download the next patch?? Empty From where do I download the next patch??

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2020, 15:05

Hello

I don't know to give the title to my question, so sorry if it's a little bit misleading.
My question is, if i download the sims 4 by using the global patch one (all in one global patch) and i only installing several available dlcs, how do i do the next patch (if there is any)? Do i follow the instruction on this "global patch all in one" or from  "must read how to install sims 4 correctly".

Thank you

Back to top Go down

From where do I download the next patch?? Empty Re: From where do I download the next patch??

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Mar 2020, 19:10

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @goktaviap,

You can either simply use the newer version of the Global Patch (and anadius's dlc-toggler), or you use the "old format repacks", posted under the TS4 Must-Read Guide.

It depends on how often you intend to keep up with TS4. if you are totally new, then obviously the Global Patch is better. But for subsequent updates, it depends. The "old format repacks" are smaller in size, but you'd have to keep coming back and always download items ranging between 4-6 GB on average.

The "new format" Global Patch will always be around 6.8 GB in size. And this is the preferred method if you don't keep up regularly.

Both formats have advantages, and it's best to view both of the formats as two sides of the same coin, in essence.

Good luck!

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

From where do I download the next patch?? Empty Re: From where do I download the next patch??

Post by Guest Sun 15 Mar 2020, 01:20

Ahh so it's actually the same whether i follow the old or the new format isn't it? Thank you for your response @The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 Mar 2020, 16:35

goktaviap wrote:Ahh so it's actually the same whether i follow the old or the new format isn't it? Thank you for your response @The_gh0stm4n

You are correct: the "end-result" (if you'd like to call it that way) is absolutely the same, regardless of which path you decide to take. As said, if you don't mind downloading bigger updates, then just keep grabbing the new versions of the Global Patch, when we release them.

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2020, 12:07

Hello again @The_gh0stm4n

I need to clear some things,
If i am updating using the global patch method. Do i need to redownload the dlcs that i have installed and the dlc-toggler too?
And if i am updating using the "old" method. Do i just have to download the torrent and the follow the instructuion, even though i didn't install all the dlcs?

Thank you again 😁

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Mar 2020, 18:13

goktaviap wrote:Hello again @The_gh0stm4n

I need to clear some things,
If i am updating using the global patch method. Do i need to redownload the dlcs that i have installed and the dlc-toggler too?
And if i am updating using the "old" method. Do i just have to download the torrent and the follow the instructuion, even though i didn't install all the dlcs?

Thank you again 😁

When you re-apply a newer version of the "Global Patch", then yes, you have to re-use anadius's dlc-toggler. That toggler basically remains the same all the time, but if there is a new DLC, we will also post a new version of the toggler, if available.

So for now, you can use the existing toggler. Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top