Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acting Career is Screwed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Acting Career is Screwed. Empty Acting Career is Screwed.

Post by Mynxie Sat 18 Apr 2020, 12:53

I hope I am not posting in the wrong section. Anyway, one of EA's latest patches broke the acting career and it doesn't matter if you use mods or not. What happens is if your Sim is an actor/actress, they will not be able to attend gigs at all. Period. I am very irritated because the acting career is one of my favorite careers in the game, in my opinion. I did some searching and I came across this tedious workaround on the official forums:

EA wrote:

"After lots of testing this afternoon and confirmation from others, the following workaround should work in all cases

- Cancel any stuck gigs you already have. You won't be able to complete them

- Get a new gig

- If you don't have the perk that allows you to skip auditions, you're allowed to travel until you have to go to the audition. I would make sure you're on the home lot before the audition starts.

- Do not travel, Go to CAS, the Map, Household Manager or reload the save game until you get the pop-up to go to work. No Loading screens allowed between the audition and the gig.

- It's no problem to let the the Sim go to the audition or other rabbit hole events. If you have another active career you play in that household, always send the Sim alone.

- Once you get the gig pop-up you can join the Sim at the set and do the task there. There should be no problem fulfilling them.

- You can then travel again until you get the next gig.

- You can save your game in between but not re-load or turn off.

For anyone where these steps don't work, please make sure you remove all your mods and test on a vanilla game to make sure it's not a mod issue."

"Make sure it's not a mod issue"? Really? I can fathom how mods could cause careers to break but after several reports, it has been confirmed that mods have nothing to do with this problem so EA needs to cut the crap. EA is 100% at fault for breaking the acting career and they need to own up to it. This problem needs to be fixed ASAP. I can comprehend how weird it is that I am complaining because of the way I obtain my Sims games but what about the people who have spent their hard-earned money buying the game and the packs? Any company with good business acumen would ensure that their products are always of top quality and that their customers are getting the most out of what they pay for. 

And people have the nerve to be angry at those who pirate. Ain't nobody got time for that. Rant over.

Mynxie
Mynxie
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, fallout, GTA, Dragon Age, Civilization, World of Warcraft, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Resident Evil, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty, Mafia, Saints Row, and many more...

Female

Back to top Go down

Acting Career is Screwed. Empty Re: Acting Career is Screwed.

Post by Mynxie Sat 18 Apr 2020, 12:56

I didn't copy the body of the other post in plain text. I hope you all can make out what it says. I can't seem to find where I can edit my post, else I would fix it myself.
Mynxie
Mynxie
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, fallout, GTA, Dragon Age, Civilization, World of Warcraft, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Resident Evil, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty, Mafia, Saints Row, and many more...

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2020, 19:42

Mynxie wrote:I didn't copy the body of the other post in plain text. I hope you all can make out what it says. I can't seem to find where I can edit my post, else I would fix it myself.

No worries @Mynxie, and thanks for sharing it with us! I fixed your formatting. You can also use the Writer's Corner for tutorial-like posts, if you like. There you can edit your stuff after submitting it.

As for the rest, I've disabled the feature for most of the subforums because most people never used it properly anyways; instead of fixing typos they would just delete/edit out the entirety of their posts, usually out of spite or as part of some drama. Another reason is because we are living in dangerous times, see for example the fuzz about the European Articles 13/17. I don't want the possibility to sit on a timebomb, in that people would post harmless messages at first sight, and then after a while (when I likely won't re-read the new post) edit the message and deliberately put in some copyright-protected text or imagery. Followed by reporting said post, which in turn has a chance to cause us some headache. Hasn't happened thus far, but it's only going to be a question of time when somebody will try abusing this Article 13/17-thing. Not just on G4TW here, but essentially everywhere.

I thought about introducing a time window of 10-15 minutes of edit-able posts, so people can fix formatting or other typos. Then again, I have a tendency to read new posts only once, and by doing so I could overlook a malicious edit, that somebody could sneak in.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mynxie Mon 20 Apr 2020, 08:50

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Mynxie wrote:I didn't copy the body of the other post in plain text. I hope you all can make out what it says. I can't seem to find where I can edit my post, else I would fix it myself.

No worries @Mynxie, and thanks for sharing it with us! I fixed your formatting. You can also use the Writer's Corner for tutorial-like posts, if you like. There you can edit your stuff after submitting it.

As for the rest, I've disabled the feature for most of the subforums because most people never used it properly anyways; instead of fixing typos they would just delete/edit out the entirety of their posts, usually out of spite or as part of some drama. Another reason is because we are living in dangerous times, see for example the fuzz about the European Articles 13/17. I don't want the possibility to sit on a timebomb, in that people would post harmless messages at first sight, and then after a while (when I likely won't re-read the new post) edit the message and deliberately put in some copyright-protected text or imagery. Followed by reporting said post, which in turn has a chance to cause us some headache. Hasn't happened thus far, but it's only going to be a question of time when somebody will try abusing this Article 13/17-thing. Not just on G4TW here, but essentially everywhere.

I thought about introducing a time window of 10-15 minutes of edit-able posts, so people can fix formatting or other typos. Then again, I have a tendency to read new posts only once, and by doing so I could overlook a malicious edit, that somebody could sneak in.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Ah, this makes sense, it must be like walking on eggshells. That's why I'm careful about what I post on here, I don't want to cause any trouble for you guys because you all have gone out of your way to be selfless and helpful. On the other hand, I posted in the thread pertaining to the broken acting career on Ea's forum and it took everything in me not to write something that would get me banned lol. Anyway, thanks for fixing my post. Best wishes to you and the G4TW team!
Mynxie
Mynxie
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Tue 21 Apr 2020, 19:38

Mynxie wrote:And people have the nerve to be angry at those who pirate. Ain't nobody got time for that. Rant over.

Thanks for sharing the workaround @Mynxie! Maybe we can even move this under TS4 Tips & Tricks, @The_gh0stm4n?

Also, to some extent I think EA intend to sell some kind of lifestyle product, not an actual video game. Notice how people in Starbucks usually "let others know", by positioning their cup such that the Starbucks logo is visible? I think something similar can be said about TS4, and large parts of the 'community'.

Wat.
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top