Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about TS3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about TS3. Empty Question about TS3.

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2020, 19:33

Hello, I have a question regarding TS3. Is it possible to download the latest patch of The Sims 3, then download all the packs individually, like the Global Patch of TS4? I already have the base game of TS3, I was wondering if I could download the latest patch so I can download each pack individually.

Back to top Go down

Question about TS3. Empty Re: Question about TS3.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2020, 19:47

Heliogetsu wrote:Hello, I have a question regarding TS3. Is it possible to download the latest patch of The Sims 3, then download all the packs individually, like the Global Patch of TS4? I already have the base game of TS3, I was wondering if I could download the latest patch so I can download each pack individually.

Hello,

Basically this guide here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Yes, you have (!) to use the 1.67 manual patch first, after which you can install individual expansions/stuffpacks at your leisure. Read the guide carefully, and you'll be fine. Good luck!

BIG elephant
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2020, 20:18

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Heliogetsu wrote:Hello, I have a question regarding TS3. Is it possible to download the latest patch of The Sims 3, then download all the packs individually, like the Global Patch of TS4? I already have the base game of TS3, I was wondering if I could download the latest patch so I can download each pack individually.

Hello,

Basically this guide here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Yes, you have (!) to use the 1.67 manual patch first, after which you can install individual expansions/stuffpacks at your leisure. Read the guide carefully, and you'll be fine. Good luck!

BIG elephant
Thanks! Where do I download each pack individually? I looked at here and it seems each file will download the whole game again?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2020, 20:40

Heliogetsu wrote: Thanks! Where do I download each pack individually? I looked at here and it seems each file will download the whole game again?

The expansion packs/stuffpacks will ONLY download the DLC, nothing else.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2020, 22:59

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Heliogetsu wrote: Thanks! Where do I download each pack individually? I looked at here and it seems each file will download the whole game again?

The expansion packs/stuffpacks will ONLY download the DLC, nothing else.
Oh. Is it normal for some files to have a higher size? 🙁 World Adventures is 5.77 GB, Ambitions is 4.23 GB, and 70s, 80s and 90s stuff is 1.24 GB for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2020, 23:10

Stuffpacks have less content = less filesize at the end. And yes, there are also differences between expansion packs, just like with all DLC.

I would actually suggest you grab "The Sims 3 - The Complete Collection", which is the old repack ... I mean, the .rar file with 27GB total size. This will be easier than grabbing these items one-by-one.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2020, 23:29

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Stuffpacks have less content = less filesize at the end. And yes, there are also differences between expansion packs, just like with all DLC.

I would actually suggest you grab "The Sims 3 - The Complete Collection", which is the old repack ... I mean, the .rar file with 27GB total size. This will be easier than grabbing these items one-by-one.
I see. I thought TS3 and TS4 would be similar in size. Looks like TS4 packs are smaller in size... because its gameplay is shallow 🤷‍�

I would download The Complete Collection but my slow internet is stopping me from doing it 🙁. It's why my only option is to download each pack individually.

Thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2020, 23:33

Heliogetsu wrote:I see. I thought TS3 and TS4 would be similar in size. Looks like TS4 packs are smaller in size... because its gameplay is shallow 🤷‍�

I would download The Complete Collection but my slow internet is stopping me from doing it 🙁. It's why my only option is to download each pack individually.

Thanks for the help!

I should also add that the individual TS3 repacks from G4TW contain older files, such as patches for Mac OS. 

These Mac patches were removed in the final torrent (the Complete Collection), so grabbing this one would be smaller/easier, than each file individually. Plus you can pause torrents as well. But up to you of course.

Good luck!

BIG elephant
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2020, 00:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Heliogetsu wrote:I see. I thought TS3 and TS4 would be similar in size. Looks like TS4 packs are smaller in size... because its gameplay is shallow 🤷‍�

Thanks for the help!

I should also add that the individual TS3 repacks from G4TW contain older files, such as patches for Mac OS. 

These Mac patches were removed in the final torrent (the Complete Collection), so grabbing this one would be smaller/easier, than each file individually. Plus you can pause torrents as well. But up to you of course.

Good luck!

BIG elephant
Actually my PC's reception is so slow that downloading torrents is literally less than 0.1 KBPS. So I use another gadget to download stuff then transfer it to my PC. Somehow I get 100 KBPS which is still not great but it is my only option. The thing is, I don't have more than 10 GB of space left. If only I could connect it to the PC and make it download directly to it, but somehow it doesn't let me do it. 

Is it possible to download each pack from The Complete Selection individually without having to download the whole file? Sorry for asking too much 😬

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Apr 2020, 00:16

Heliogetsu wrote:(...) Sorry for asking too much 😬

You don't have to apologize at all, but no. You cannot pre-select individual components from the .rar file.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2020, 00:33

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Heliogetsu wrote:(...) Sorry for asking too much 😬

You don't have to apologize at all, but no. You cannot pre-select individual components from the .rar file.
Oh 🙁. How about splitting the file into parts when downloading, is it possible?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Apr 2020, 00:44

Heliogetsu wrote:Oh 🙁. How about splitting the file into parts when downloading, is it possible?

Sure it is possible, but to be honest, I'm not too inclined to re-upload 27 GB "in small parts", just to appease a tiny minority of users. That sounds cold and callous now, but I'm only being honest with you.

98% of people are fine with these torrents, but understand please that it's not efficient for us to re-do these downloads to accommodate the remaining 2% who apparently have a very slow internet.

If you know somebody else who has a faster internet, you could enlist their help. Other than that, if you don't want to grab the 27GB .rar file, there is a secondary repack. It's called "The Sims 3 - Complete Collection G4TW Repack":
https://www.games4theworld.club/t53-all-games4theworld-downloads

This one is 15GB only, though I personally don't like it much. But it does its duty, I guess. It uses a compressed installer, hence the difference in sizes. The disadvantage is, these compressed installers are prone to malfunction in my experience. But these 15GB are the best I can suggest for now.

Or just grab the individual Sims 3 releases, and over a period of time.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2020, 00:59

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Heliogetsu wrote:Oh 🙁. How about splitting the file into parts when downloading, is it possible?

Sure it is possible, but to be honest, I'm not too inclined to re-upload 27 GB "in small parts", just to appease a tiny minority of users. That sounds cold and callous now, but I'm only being honest with you.

98% of people are fine with these torrents, but understand please that it's not efficient for us to re-do these downloads to accommodate the remaining 2% who apparently have a very slow internet.

If you know somebody else who has a faster internet, you could enlist their help. Other than that, if you don't want to grab the 27GB .rar file, there is a secondary repack. It's called "The Sims 3 - Complete Collection G4TW Repack":
https://www.games4theworld.club/t53-all-games4theworld-downloads

This one is 15GB only, though I personally don't like it much. But it does its duty, I guess. It uses a compressed installer, hence the difference in sizes. The disadvantage is, these compressed installers are prone to malfunction in my experience. But these 15GB are the best I can suggest for now.

Or just grab the individual Sims 3 releases, and over a period of time.
Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't clear to what I said. I meant if it is possible for the person downloading to download the file into parts then combine all of them later. For example, I'm downloading The Complete Edition. Once I've downloaded 5 GB of it, I'll transfer it to my PC. Then I'll repeat until I finish downloading all of it. After downloading and transferring files, I'll combine all split files into one, then extract it. I was asking if that was possible. I didn't mean that the uploader could split it into parts. I'm sorry again for the confusion 😬

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Apr 2020, 01:04

Heliogetsu wrote:Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't clear to what I said. I meant if it is possible for the person downloading to download the file into parts then combine all of them later. For example, I'm downloading The Complete Edition. Once I've downloaded 5 GB of it, I'll transfer it to my PC. Then I'll repeat until I finish downloading all of it. After downloading and transferring files, I'll combine all split files into one, then extract it. I was asking if that was possible. I didn't mean that the uploader could split it into parts. I'm sorry again for the confusion 😬

OK, but still. The .rar is basically one big file. You cannot really download "just a part" from it. You need the file in its entirety. Even if you somehow managed to download e.g. 5GB from it, you could not really start the installation, because again: you need the entire file.

Might be better after all, that you just start grabbing the individual TS3 downloads: you can download/install these one after another, and while something downloads, you can already play the game a bit.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top