Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start - The Sims 4 is already running. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start - The Sims 4 is already running. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start - The Sims 4 is already running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2020, 15:07

Hello!

I couldn't find a sollution to my problems.. I month ago my sims 4 was working fine, but today when i wanted to start it's giving me this error constantly.. I already moved out the new cc-s I have added from the past few days/weeks, but i still have the problem.. Any idea or should I reinstall it? (Pls god no but well..if i must i will ...) I even edited the shares to everybody can write/read the Electronic Arts folder too as i read it on an other site.. I'm start to think that i have no choice than reinstalling and it would take my whole day T_T

Back to top Go down

Unable to start - The Sims 4 is already running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start - The Sims 4 is already running. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Apr 2020, 15:45

EyebrowPrincess wrote:Hello!

I couldn't find a sollution to my problems.. I month ago my sims 4 was working fine, but today when i wanted to start it's giving me this error constantly.. I already moved out the new cc-s I have added from the past few days/weeks, but i still have the problem.. Any idea or should I reinstall it? (Pls god no but well..if i must i will ...) I even edited the shares to everybody can write/read the Electronic Arts folder too as i read it on an other site.. I'm start to think that i have no choice than reinstalling and it would take my whole day T_T

No need to re-install the game. You can put it (= I mean, the installation folder "The Sims 4") onto an external drive or something, and copy it back later on. I wonder if this game is so fragile and prone to errors, or whether these "problems" that Windows keeps giving is a deliberate move to curb down piracy. I guess both things are right, in a way.

If you use the computer just for fun, and for nothing serious, then try this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10

So create that Windows account, log in, and ... well, I guess you have to re-install a couple of things. But I did this a while ago already - and never regretted it. 

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to start - The Sims 4 is already running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start - The Sims 4 is already running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2020, 16:18

So what actually does this super administrator change will do to my game? Or how it would help? 
Tbh i use this pc for drawing, editing , ect, I don't know if it's serious in the meaning you used above. I wouldn't like to **** up things and then not able to use my pc as before WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Also it might change things but a month ago i installed bitdefender to my pc coz i got a virus cookies and i couldn't get rid of it since then. For first Bitdefender blocked my game, but i put it in the exceptions and after it I could start the game and play w/o problems. I didn't play since then, only tried the sims 4 studio to work , but I realized after a few failed tries that it's not compatible with cracked sims 4. I don't know if these things might cause any problems with my game after all or not, I just thought i should add it here so you can consider these too.  
Tbh i don't even get why this error suddenly showed up, could a win10 update cause this?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Apr 2020, 16:38

Yes, a windows update could also cause this, in theory.

And by "serious stuff" I mostly mean things like online banking or if you do other stuff like ordering items (and where your payment method is somehow saved maybe). 

Using that hidden Admin account will basically get rid of all these permission-problems that happen with folders and files. The problem now is, that in theory it can open you up to certain trouble. I suppose one way you could remedy the issue is to use a complex password on that account, if you really end up using it.

Feel free to do a search and some reading on the internet, about potential risks of that Admin account. In a way it is similar to the Forum here. The "Admin"-account here is the strongest in terms of permissions, and naturally is going to be a very attractive target for potential hackers, so the general consensus is to hide the account and to not use it unless really necessary. Of course combined with frequent password changes.

Of course the Forum and the Windows system are not comparable, but the general principle is, that "with power comes great responsibility" too. 

If you are too afraid, then by all means try making another "normal" Windows account (so NOT YET the Superadmin-one). And on this account, try installing/playing your TS4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2020, 16:52

I do use it for money purposes too, i'm doing comissions and use paypal so yeah I wouldn't like to use then the Super Admin account if i not must.. 
If the normal account won't help, a full reinstall would help my problem, or is it only able to solve by the super admin account? It would sucks by then coz I don't think I would do it :<

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Apr 2020, 16:58

EyebrowPrincess wrote:I do use it for money purposes too, i'm doing comissions and use paypal so yeah I wouldn't like to use then the Super Admin account if i not must.. 
If the normal account won't help, a full reinstall would help my problem, or is it only able to solve by the super admin account? It would sucks by then coz I don't think I would do it :<

Before you read the rest of my comment below: if you were in my place, would you be able to give a proper response to that? Smile  

The answer is probably "no". If you don't want to take risks, try using a new/normal Windows account first. But honestly, I don't think that simply re-installing (Windows) would help. I can't really say more at that point, sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2020, 17:15

Well then I will try out the new account before I come back with my experience. But why only i got this problem and others not? I mean if it's coz of the windows update or something related to windows then other people should also get this problem no?

And yeah sorry for asking a question what you can't know, I just meant if there are more ways to solve my problem, or just only these WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Apr 2020, 17:35

EyebrowPrincess wrote:Well then I will try out the new account before I come back with my experience. But why only i got this problem and others not? I mean if it's coz of the windows update or something related to windows then other people should also get this problem no?

And yeah sorry for asking a question what you can't know, I just meant if there are more ways to solve my problem, or just only these WhatDidUJustCallMe?

No, please, no worries. 

And I'm not sure you're the only one with (that type of) problems. The game has many difficulties, even for people who actually buy it on Origin. Many people stopped caring for The Sims 4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2020, 17:46

Oh forgot to ask but what type of new account should i make? Local user or administrator?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Apr 2020, 17:53

EyebrowPrincess wrote:Oh forgot to ask but what type of new account should i make? Local user or administrator?

Administrator has a better chance of success. Haters gonna hate danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2020, 18:51

I did it, and the game is working! Although the saves and the mods weren't there, so i made a new save there, and i will try to copy there all my cc-s and saves to my new admin acc. 
Is it mean from now on if i want to play sims 4 i have to use that admin account, or does it mean my game has access problems?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Apr 2020, 18:54

EyebrowPrincess wrote:I did it, and the game is working! Although the saves and the mods weren't there, so i made a new save there, and i will try to copy there all my cc-s and saves to my new admin acc. 
Is it mean from now on if i want to play sims 4 i have to use that admin account, or does it mean my game has access problems?

Yes, you should use the Admin-account from now on. danger! beware!! I don't know how else to fix the access problem on your old account. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Small addition: the admin account you are now using is different from the "hidden Admin" account that I talked about before. So you should be safe(r), in using it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2020, 22:43

Yes I thought it will be safe!Smile I don't have deep general knowledge about pc and how it works, but I do have the basics you know Very Happy Thanks again for the help, I put back all my mods, saves ect, no problems appeared since then Smile  I also checked my base profile, it's same Admin one, so that's why it's quite strange but well.. I will ask my friends about it later, they might can have some other ideas!Smile Please let me know somehow if a fix coming for this, or something new sollution pop up! 
I'm really greatful for your help and patience with me! 
Hope you will have a nice day/night~

Gatekeeper Edit: solved and closed. Carlos is tha man

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top