Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCCC Is Not Working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MCCC Is Not Working. Empty MCCC Is Not Working.

Post by Mynxie Mon 27 Apr 2020, 22:19

I wanted to post this in another section but it's read-only. Anyway, one of LittleMsSam's mods was causing problems with my game yet again. This time the "Auto Employees" mod conflicted with MCCC to the point where my settings did not affect my Sims. I am very dependent on the skill adjustment setting so my Sims can gain skills faster, however, I started noticing that my Sims were gaining skills at the vanilla rate. Thinking it was a problem on my end I went ahead and upgraded to the latest MCCC Patreon release, cleared my cache, then I selectively reset the MCCC settings that weren't working. 

Of course, that didn't work so I went to the MCCC Discord for help and I showed them a list of what script mods I have installed which is easy because I use "Better Exceptions" by TwistedMexi. One member of the support team pointed out a couple of errors with two script mods I have installed and suggested that I update my traits (I only have two traits installed but he still has a point). So I fixed everything as directed but my game still wasn't working so I thought to myself 'here I go again' because at that point I knew I would have to sort through all my mods until I find the culprit. However, I had a strong hunch that a LittleMsSam mod might be the culprit and because of the trouble I've had with her mods in the past, I keep all LMS mods in a folder.

I removed the LMS from my mods folder and put it on my desktop then I ran the game and the problem was gone.  Wat.
I would be lying if I said I was shocked. Anyway, I began the process of manually placing LMS mods back into the game until the problem showed up again. As soon as I reinstalled the Auto Employees mod the problems showed up again. Needless to say, I deleted that mod because it wasn't very useful in the first place.

Soon after discovering the source of the problem, I informed the support team at the MCCC Discord for the same reason I'm informing you all; someone else might come across this problem in the future. I then went to LMS's Discord to graciously inform her that her Auto Employees mod might be conflicting with MCCC. I also suggested that she update the mod because it has not been updated since January. Of course, she denied that her mod was causing the problem and she wasn't able to recreate the issue even though she didn't even use the same settings as me. She used a -50 skill adjustment (which is very slow) when I'm at a full-blown 10!

I think LMS would have a point if this was a one-time issue but history speaks for itself. Her mods have caused me a lot of problems in the past and I have posted about it on G4TW before. I am willing to give credit where credit is due; she is not a terrible modder and nobody is perfect. Making mods takes a lot of time and effort and she has made a lot of mods that I find very useful and they don't cause problems at all. I simply think LMS should be more thorough when creating certain mods that can greatly alter gameplay.

My apologies in advance for the dissertation. I wanted to give you all a heads-up but I also wanted to vent at the same time. I hope you all don't mind. =)
Mynxie
Mynxie
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, fallout, GTA, Dragon Age, Civilization, World of Warcraft, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Resident Evil, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty, Mafia, Saints Row, and many more...

Female

Back to top Go down

MCCC Is Not Working. Empty Re: MCCC Is Not Working.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Apr 2020, 22:32

You know, you're putting all that effort in to inform us about these mods ... I admit I don't understand a single word of it, since I don't really have much in-game knowledge in TS4. But in my eyes it looks good, so I gave you the symbolic title of "Guest Contributor". Carlos is tha man

If you look at the top 20 list, you'll notice a few others with that symbolic title. So ... good work. danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mynxie Mon 27 Apr 2020, 22:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:You know, you're putting all that effort in to inform us about these mods ... I admit I don't understand a single word of it, since I don't really have much in-game knowledge in TS4. But in my eyes it looks good, so I gave you the symbolic title of "Guest Contributor". Carlos is tha man

If you look at the top 20 list, you'll notice a few others with that symbolic title. So ... good work. danger! beware!!

Aw! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Carlos is tha man!!!
Mynxie
Mynxie
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, fallout, GTA, Dragon Age, Civilization, World of Warcraft, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Resident Evil, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty, Mafia, Saints Row, and many more...

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Apr 2020, 22:45

Mynxie wrote:Aw! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Carlos is tha man!!!

It sure to helps to be enthusiastic about stuff. Smile

I remember back in the days, I used to play so much "S.W.A.T. 4" and even modded the game heavily. A video game genre that has - unfortunately - come out of fashion more than a decade ago, in favor for more mindless shooters (COD, Battlefield, Battle Royales, etc). In retrospect, I put so much time into SWAT 4, that I almost feel ashamed about it.

Facepalm Razz
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mynxie Mon 27 Apr 2020, 22:49

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Mynxie wrote:Aw! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Carlos is tha man!!!

It sure to helps to be enthusiastic about stuff. Smile

I remember back in the days, I used to play so much "S.W.A.T. 4" and even modded the game heavily. A video game genre that has - unfortunately - come out of fashion more than a decade ago, in favor for more mindless shooters (COD, Battlefield, Battle Royales, etc). In retrospect, I put so much time into SWAT 4, that I almost feel ashamed about it.

Facepalm Razz

I can relate. I am a 15 year World of Warcraft veteran and I used to spend so much money on that game when I played retail and I deeply regret it. I just play private servers now that aren't based on a "pay-2-win" model.
Mynxie
Mynxie
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top