Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The installed version of The sims 3 is more recent than this product??!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The installed version of The sims 3 is more recent than this product??! Empty The installed version of The sims 3 is more recent than this product??!

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 01:06

I followed the installation order provided by the "The Sims 3 complete" torrent.
From Outdoor living stuff and onwards (I assume even beyond Genereations) I get this error. It wants me to connect to the internet and update or less I will not be able to play the sims 3.
The installed version of The sims 3 is more recent than this product??! 2830496658 Is appreciated.

EDIT: But ye installer let's me continue. It wants me to do this stuff after.

//EDIT

And ye i'm aware and have read the ultimate thread but it's frankly confusing and also all links says not working and the only one who does is for Medeivieal Sims.

But I downloaded ye fix and checked the latest date with your dates in that thread. And they match in the installing instructions PDF.

Last edited by Blablacoolsim on Wed 07 Mar 2012, 01:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The installed version of The sims 3 is more recent than this product??! Empty Re: The installed version of The sims 3 is more recent than this product??!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 07 Mar 2012, 08:39

Hello,
G4TW doesn't have a "The Sims 3 complete" torrent, but I assume that guide has told you to update to 1.29 before starting to install the expansions, which is why you're getting the error you're describing. And that's no problem, you can continue the install there are no negative effects.
As for the fix, that's just a little confusing right now because EA launched a patch last week in preparation for Showtime.
The fix is not, currently, working with patch level 1.31, which is why we've been telling people not to update to patch 1.31 yet. And its why it says "not working" because it is, indeed, not working with the latest patch level but it works for those who have patched to 1.29 only.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The installed version of The sims 3 is more recent than this product??! Empty Re: The installed version of The sims 3 is more recent than this product??!

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 18:58

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
G4TW doesn't have a "The Sims 3 complete" torrent, but I assume that guide has told you to update to 1.29 before starting to install the expansions, which is why you're getting the error you're describing. And that's no problem, you can continue the install there are no negative effects.
As for the fix, that's just a little confusing right now because EA launched a patch last week in preparation for Showtime.
The fix is not, currently, working with patch level 1.31, which is why we've been telling people not to update to patch 1.31 yet. And its why it says "not working" because it is, indeed, not working with the latest patch level but it works for those who have patched to 1.29 only.

Thanks for the answers. Very Happy
But why is so much of your materials in this torrent then? It's like as if an user from your place have made the collection. Because alot of the documents are credit to this sites name. And even links.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 07 Mar 2012, 18:59

Hello,
Well, I think someone made a torrent out of all G4TW downloads and uploaded it. Let me guess... Isohunt..?? At least they give G4TW the credit Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 17:59

I have yet another problem (2). The game worked and everything is fine and dandy.

Until now.
I get preiodic freezes where it appears the game freezes in time. Sims and objects and such freezes. Only the water is still being animated. This keeps up for 2-4 seconds then it's fine for yet another 40 ingame minutes then it happens again.

Also. Some objects in the shop vault requires "Simpoints". When I click on them it takes me to some website. I have no interest of that.

When I think about it. What's the latest Sim store update? That Magic kittle interests me. Razz
Is there some torrent with an collection for each month I can download instead of seperate files?

EDIT: There's even an credit with an thank you to this site in one of the readme's in the torrent. I guess you got an superfan.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 19:26

Blablacoolsim wrote:I have yet another problem (2). The game worked and everything is fine and dandy.

Until now.
I get preiodic freezes where it appears the game freezes in time. Sims and objects and such freezes. Only the water is still being animated. This keeps up for 2-4 seconds then it's fine for yet another 40 ingame minutes then it happens again.

Also. Some objects in the shop vault requires "Simpoints". When I click on them it takes me to some website. I have no interest of that.

When I think about it. What's the latest Sim store update? That Magic kittle interests me. Razz
Is there some torrent with an collection for each month I can download instead of seperate files?

EDIT: There's even an credit with an thank you to this site in one of the readme's in the torrent. I guess you got an superfan.

Razz
Hello,

Do you have any Mods and/or Custom Content?
All (monthly updated) Store Updates can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8uy4gu2y8jqt
The torrents are THIS and THIS one. But these are the older one.

I think I know which torrent you're talking about. Feel free to share a screenshot of the torrent, if you have some spare time.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 22:44

As far as I know I have no mods or custom content. I have only installed the base game and these expansions as listed in the torrent:

1. The Sims 3
2. The Sims 3: World Adventures
3. The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
4. The Sims 3: Ambitions
5. The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
6. The Sims 3: Late Night
7. The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff
8. The Sims 3: Generations
9. The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff

I installed it in that order. Then applied the Latest ultimate fix that was before you guys uploaded showtime and it's corresponding ultimate fix.

I heard people complaining about Bridgeport being an mess but this problem can apprently occour in any town for me. Restarting the game helps sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 23:14

Hello,

What version is your base game? It starts with 1.xx.x .
Is the freezing really a big deal or can you live with it?
Try lowering your graphic settings, in-game.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 01:27

My computer is around 8-9.5/10 when it comes to perfomance, the parts was bought and installed according to my specefications (as I deal with computers in general). So perfomance of my computer is not the problem.

It has something to do with the game. Since I was running on highest on everything on another version of The Sims 3 without this problem. (Altough without any expansion packs on)

The version of The Sims 3 is: 1.29.55.014002

And yes the freezing is annoying. Because when it enters such an session, it appears almost every ingame hour, which makes it happen often when I fast forward.

Specefications should make it easier to see why I find it absurd if I was forced to lower my graphics settings because of horrible coding or some faulty setting.
ATI HD Radeon 6950 2gb.
8 gb RAM at 1600 Mhz.
Intel i5 2500k 3,30 Ghz 4 cores
Windows 7 64-bit.
And The harddrive is connected to an Sata 3 port.

The only hardware related cause I can think off if the fact that the drive is Eco friendly. But that has not affected other games I have that are more demanding than this game should be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 01:43

Are you still having the problem with the time freezing?

If you are try this delete these cache files located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3

CASPartCache
compositorCache
scriptCache
simCompositorCache

and if you have it delete this one to socialCache

I had your exact same problem and this fixed it. Also have you tried updating to 1.31 yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 11 Mar 2012, 15:30

Hello,

Please download and apply this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v131-fix-manual-patch-updated

After applying it correctly, download and apply this Ultimate Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Be sure to read the instructions VERY carefully!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top